[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - FK05, The prebuilt Diff is Dry... failure warning.

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 16:19:21

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:53:40 

Hi Joep,

Good points.

I think there is truth in both of them. Having been on the receiving end on occassion I know I have become a bit more carefull about being open in my end of the discussions. There is a simple reason for this. My feeling is that some of the responses to open communication have lately been more of a confrontational nature than constructive. When posts are simply used to find fault and focus on that solely we don't have a discussion and open communication but what I refer to as a "bitching session". Nobody wins and all that happens is that openess suffers. Conciously or subconciously but it happens nonetheless. This works both ways! So, let's turn the tables a bit and see if we can make a positive change in the style of communication on this forum together.

BTW, don't misunderstand this post. I am NOT saying you should not criticize and I am also not saying that you will/should allways get the response from XRay you would like to hear. I AM saying that whatever the gripe is and whatever the response we could all try to work together and also learn to disagree on occasion staying respectfull to all. Moreover, follow Joep's advice and bring major gripes directly to XRay's attention by mailing to [url]support@teamxray.com[/url]. That's what this e-mail address is there for! This will make it a lot easier for XRay to assess what is going on and to what extent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 13:36:54 

Good thing Tony.
You laid your finger on my point for the way we communicate. This applies to and the drivers and Xray.

This is THE dilemma of modern time. Forums, E-mail leading to:
- No personnal contact, so less respectfull communication
- Quick misunderstandings or unwanted rumours. Denial btw leading to more rumours.
- And 1 to 1 discussions on forums which belong in E-mail or personnal contact.

These are all downsides.
Let us all the forums were they are developed for:

Sharing info and learning from each others mistakes or victories :)

And please ALL forum-users do so :!: :P

I understand you sailed around my point B) :) I fully understand that. :wink:

I hope to 'hear' more about that in a PM, E-mail, 1-1 conversation or in this forum from eg. Mario. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 13:56:16 

As the starter of this thread:

I hope you find my language and tone open, supportive and respectfull.
Please let me know if anything I have said here has offended... I think not but let me know.

PaulCK.... I understand you are annoyed, they will get there we just have to be patient and be "ask assertive" not "tell assertive".

Apex... Can I differ with you here? When experienced long term drivers, team drivers and private drivers are reporting concerns and real issues, your "we are all ok" is not statistically relevant! My diff has not failed and has been rebuilt with what is in my opinion a more appropriate amount of lubrication. It may still fail in a few weeks in which case I will be even more convinced that we have a class problem with the thrust race. Time will tell. I am guessing that we are all agreed that more lube is not going to make this problem worse......

Anyway... respect to all.

What a great car.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 19:21:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 20:18:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 20:23:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 00:49:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 01:10:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 02:57:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 03:51:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:56:48 

Paul,

I can understand your feelings but then I think that is the point I was making. It would be nice if we could all take each others feelings into account and communicate our own perspectives and feelings as just that without jumping all over someone with a different opinion. Calling other people names or demeaning their views through sarcasm doesn't make discussions any easier or more fun for anyone.

Also I was not talking about any specific situation but more about a general change in the way people seem to feel they need to communicate on the internet in general and more and more often also on this specific forum. People that report having a problem shouldn't be flamed for bringing it up but likewise people that don't have a problem should not be flamed either. Fact is that of late this is happening more and more often. To me this is a very bad thing as people that don't have problems post about their not having problems a lot less often than those that do. It is very easy to give and get the impression there is a serious problem affecting everyone when there may not be.

The reason I suggest you allways mail your problem to [url]support@teamxray.com[/url] is that it makes it far easier for XRay to assess whether a problem is incidental, occassional or general in nature and act accordingly. Moreover it is impossible for us to monitor all forums and get an accurate indication that way on now many people are and are not having problems to make that assesment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 13:56:45 

Last night I stripped the diff on my FK05 - it was lubed OK.

Now if I can just remember if I stripped and rebuilt as a matter of course when building the kit of I I just installed it as it came... :roll:

Either way, no lack of diff lube problems here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 14:56:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 18:09:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 19:38:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 20:15:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 00:31:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 07:52:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 14:22:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 16:50:25 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next