[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - FK05, The prebuilt Diff is Dry... failure warning.

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 14:27:07

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: FK05, The prebuilt Diff is Dry... failure warning.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 20:19:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 20:59:40 

Yeah, i'd like to know what the hell happened here, i've just gone to check mine after 1 indoor run (done loose and then turned in after the 2nd qual and each round after) and then 1 outdoor event, when i removed it it didnt feel that good, when i opened it, bone dry ball diff and as i was removing the balls, half a dozen smaller ones came out too, as i was kindly introduced to my thrust ball bearings!

Why is a factory built unit like the ball diff build without a suitable amount of grease for at least a month or so until its time for general maintainance? If it requires user interaction for this to be done correctly, why isnt it stated in the instructions?
It states that you can follow the instructions when cleaning or re-building, its perfectly clear that no suggestion is made that these arent suitable for running in as they come.

Mario, I shall be calling Mirage regarding this, im assuming they will be issueing a replacement thrust ball unit which im now having to repair using one i (by fluke) happen to have had for about a year unused because i couldnt get the ruddy C clip things out of there! For a kit renowned for its build quality this is a little pathetic to have been overlooked, what happened to the usual attention to detail?

Asside from that, the cars bloomin awesome, but stupid things like this give alternative kit owners reason to stick with there usual cack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 22:45:49 

There will be proper information posted tomorrow (Monday) as an announcment or added to the FAQ section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 00:20:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 06:45:46 

Thanks for the info, I broke my own allready. I didn't know that, and now it's going to be problem, we have race next weekend, and I don't know where I'm going to get one in time. I even don't want to know how expensive that new diff whith carbide bearring is going to cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 09:15:55 

There are two new sections added to the FAQ which cover:

- Axial Bearing issue
- Dry Differential issue

Check this thread: http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/viewtopi ... 4542#14542

Due the lack of time the XRAY support team has, it is not possible to visit other different forums around the internet where is discussion about the XRAY cars. Therefore I would like ask if anybody spots some other XRAY drivers reffer to one of these two questions, please post there the link to the FAQ thread that will give the answer to the two questions.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 09:36:09 

hello, i also got the problem with the damaged thrust bearing. i have ordered for about three month 6 new bearings (http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/produc ... kategoria=). but they arent available at the moment!! can you tell me when its gonna be available?? (im a dealer in germany).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 09:39:30 

They were not available for a longer time since the new batch came with different specs. Now XRAY has again a small stock which ships to distributors. Large stock will be available by end of this month and from that time there will be no problem with supply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:17:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 14:51:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 15:42:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 15:49:07 

OK, this is going out of proportion and a problem is created where a problem is not.

I will let open randomly choosen 5 differentials which were built for T1FK'05 and some of the old diffs made for T1FK. I will report if there is any difference how the diffs are build and greased.

I hope this will be a sufficient evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 16:28:46 

I do not want to carry charge, but I assembled two FK' 05 with much attention, for a test which is here: .

When I checked the diffs, I don't seen any sign of lubricant. It seems really dry (balls and thrust bearing).

Some customers used directly the diff assembled, and after some runs, the traces in the differential seem clearly indicated that it misses lubrication. All that I can say, it is that we (pilots of the Swiss distributor) can only advise to disassemble and lubricate the differential before any use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 18:29:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 23:52:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 02:26:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 17:30:41 

Here is the result :arrow: today several differentials prepared for T1FK'05 kits were opened and all of them had a thin layer of the XRAY grease applied. None of the tested differentials were dry.

When anybody wish to use more grease, use the XRAY original grease only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 20:47:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 20:59:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 21:30:31 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next