[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - New Novarossi Engines

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:15:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: New Novarossi Engines
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 03:33:02 

Hey did you guys here that that all Novarossi based engines are going to have a major change ( not so major to some) Instead of the rear bearing being 25mm. It is now changed to 25.8. They did this to prevent fatigue and stress on the bearing, testing this new bigger bearing has come up with the result of more longevity. The new engines will come with a new case that is bigger to accomidate the new bigger rear bearing.

This doesn't sound like a big deal to some. But for the people that like to keep there one engine for a long time with doing rebuilds ever so now and then. There is a possibility that the smaller bearing may be discountinued. To promote sale of the newer engine. But its possoble that it might not be discontinued, we will see in time.

The new Novarossi engines ( and Top and Rex and JP) will be called instead of for example P5/N it will be RX P5/N. All the engines with the new bigger rear bearing will say RX in front of the model number.

I just receaved and bought a JP Stock Version FX21 B5T. And the new rear bearing is already accomidated in it. So they are being distributed already with this change. Inside the engine box is a little yellow note stating about the bearing change and the new size.

Just figured I would give a headz up if anyone was confused to why the new P5's were called RXP5's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 05:50:37 

sweet man, thanks for the heads up. isnt it true that you can use othe bearings in there so it wont be a prob if they quit making them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 06:03:29 

the 2004 edition NR P5's were RX21P5, Rex were PR21P5, Top was PT21P5...

If the change has been made it would have to be more than just the part number.

I know that the 2004 has a lightened crank and a larger case...is this the edition you're talking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 06:15:49 

No the bearings are not interchangable. The hole for the crankshaft is still 14mm. Its the outer diameter of the bearing it is now bigger. Trust me there is a change coming. If you don't believe me just look on the novarossi website and look at all the new part numbers yourself. The motors are identical just the case is bigger and the bearing is larger in diameter to accomodate the wider case. PDL Racing informed me about the change and they are a distributor for JP Racing, and JP Racing told them. They told me to look on the Website and check it out myself and thats what I'll tell you to do. I know engines well and I'm defenitly not talking about the lightened and puttied crankshaft and the ventilated crankcase that is way old news.

The Number RX will be added to the motors with the larger bearings. Trust me , you heard it here first 8) :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 06:19:26 

The RX aplies for Nova Rex and Top, and that change is in just a Part number.

If you know the current P5's so well you will know that they have a 25mm rear bearing. The new ones will have a 25.8mm diameter.

Bigger Bearing = Bigger case

If you look in the site there is two options of each engine = for instance

Top = T421B and T421BRX

The T421B is the engine we all have now that is widely used
and the T421BRX is the new engine with the bigger case and larger rear bearing that is the next batch to be distributed.

Like I said in the last post. I have The New JP Racing Stock Version B5T. And the engine was just Yesterday distributed to the retailer. They are the newest batch there is. My engine has the New rear bearing in it with the larger case. The case difference is not noticable to the naked eye. But with a set of digital calipers it is noticable. Remember its only .8 mm wider. And NO No No, I'm not taliking about the old 2004 version of the ventilatedc crancase and puttied lightwieght crank. This is a change for 2005, that to be honest with you hardly anyone knows about yet so it may sound unusual to you. But I know my facts and I don't write something unless its 100% true and the Novarossi site proves it. And I already got one.

Just click the motor with the RX and read the descritption and it tells you all about the bearing.

Last edited by Giorgi50 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:07:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 07:52:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 08:11:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:09:39 

Your right Freakofnature , thats why I cleaned the post up :)

I thought I was being undermined, but I was wrong when I reread it. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:44:57 

ya you def. got your point across -----------twice :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 15:40:40 

ASre you asking ig I'm Def? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 18:16:31 

NO "DEFINATELY" not def.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 18:45:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 14:47:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 18:10:13 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 18:33:30 

Theres the facts, see the case looks the same. And I forgot to say the backplate is also a different part number and plate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 22:40:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 23:01:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 00:01:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 00:08:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 00:20:21