[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB9e Body and chassis

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 20:21:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: XB9e Body and chassis
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38:47 

An even more interesting question: With the new body having the same part number like the old 808e body, how to distinguish what I am ordering at the local stores? How to prevent that I get an old body from the 808e with the same part number the dealer still has on stock?

Greetings
Sven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 21:56:39 

Hello,

the old 808E is known to be out of stock for some time, additional the new Body has the order number imprinted with a ".2" appended. The tag lists the body as XB9E body, not 808E anymore.

Contact the dealer before purchase that you only want the v2 version, if it isn't the new one - retreat from the deal.

regards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 08:36:27 

Yeah sure, I know how to deal with the situation. But that's "making easy things complicated". Now I have to talk to the dealer which is very easy with small online shops, haha! :)

Greetings
Sven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:24:16 

Hello,

sorry, didn't recognized you :oops:

As for Germany, SMI delivers the new v2 body, had a talk at my local store regarding this topic. It was the other way around, the customer wanted to order an 808E body and got the new v2.

Lets be honest, the 808E wans't that big deal, so chances that the body is on stock at the local shops are very slim (if even SMI doesn't have them on stock).

regards

P.S. if intrested, i can point you to my local shop, he doesn't have them on stock and places an order to SMI, wich will result in the v2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 16:20:07 

Hi, new to this forum and I did not want my first post to be negative, but I wanted to provide some, hopefully, constructive feedback.

I am re-entering the world of rc cars after having had a Kyosho Rocky when I was 10.

I used to race home from school everyday and start building. Once the build was done, I used it about 4 times and never since. Loved the build process, not so fussed about the driving.

27 years later, being keen to have a go at building again, I researched good cars to build. Disappointingly all the buggies from all the brands look much the same compared to the options of 27 years ago (they are of course much better now), but I did a bit of research and everyone said that XRay is one of the best. Most importantly, they are known for supplying kits where everything fits together properly and there are no parts missing.

This brings me to the issue of the body. I knew the Xb9e did not come with a body when I bought it. I very much wanted an Xray, but came very, very close (had the car in the cart) to buying either a Losi 8ight 3.0 for the simple reason, that it came with body and the xb9e did not.

I have read this forum and numerous other forums and from what it seems, the "new" xb9e body is basically a slightly changed 808 body and, IMPORTANTLY, there are still issues with batteries not fitting under the body.

I would be grateful if some one from Xray could advise whether the battery issue has in fact been fixed, or am I going to have to buy a JConcepts body? I also would like to add that the JConcepts body is obviously designed to have a nitro motor sticking out the back of it and is a pretty poor alternative.

Xray, I would appreciate a response that incorporates info on whether the "batteries fitting under the body issue" has been fixed. If not, why not? (there may be a good answer for this i.e. people are using ridiculous batteries or something) and whether there are other body alternatives available (not JConcepts)?

Looking forward to receiving the buggy and commencing the build. Fingers crossed you live up to your reputation!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 21:24:18 

Hi.
Does anybody know if the chassi for the XB9E (351106) is discontinued ?
Is there another chassi that is compatible ?

My chassi has started to bend. The rear driveshaft starts to hit the centerdiff because of this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 07:06:12 

The #351106 chassis is still in XRAY stock so please contact your national distributor how and where to get this chassis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 18:15:50 

Thx Brano..
Is this the only chassi that fits with the XB9E sideguards ?

Is there a longer rear brace for the XB9E chassi ? (to prevent the huge flex)?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 05:47:32 

This is the only chassis, longer rear brace you can get under part number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 07:51:18 

Ok..
I have a 353089.
No hole line upp, either on the chassi or the rear shock tower.
Are you supposed to drill new holes?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 09:44:11 

Hi,

we have found out that unfortunately the 353089 does not fit the XB9E chassis. The only way to fit this part is to drill new holes in the chassis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8