[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB8 2015 - Two problems

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 20:32:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XB8 2015 - Two problems
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 19:34:40 

Hi guys, just recently started running the new XB8 2015 kit, and have noticed two problems with it:

1. The front driveshafts & diff out-drives - I think this has already been mentioned on here before but the front driveshafts don't seem to sit awfully far into the front diff out-drives, and when the suspension is fully compressed the driveshafts are virtually hanging out of the diff out-drives (discovered this after having one come out in a final...).

2. The rear shocks - I noticed this when I was building the car but it appears to me that the rear shocks are too short, as when the screws for the rear droop are set to what the instruction manual says to initially set them to, they aren't able to touch the chassis as the shocks when connected to the arms appear to be pulling the arms up off the car and preventing full travel.

I've seen people saying to get the extended out-drives for the front of the car and to move to the inner positions on the lower arms to fix the first issue, but the 2015 spec car is supposed to come with the extended out-drives is it not, and I don't necessarily want to have to narrow the front end of my car to fix this issue. So is there any alternate fixes for this problem, such as longer driveshafts that can be bought and fitted?

As for the shocks, has anyone else had this issue and knows of a fix for it, preferably a fix that involves lengthening the back shocks as opposed to putting longer droop screws in?

Any help anyone could provide would be much appreciated, and many thanks in advance. :)

Post subject: Re: XB8 2015 - Two problems
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 08:37:39 

I think you will have more content than this in order to make it easier for others to understand.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 16:57:55 

Solved the first issue I was having, turns out I had made a mistake when building the car (yay go me...)

Anyway to hopefully help clarify the second problem, when the car is held up off the ground and the rear shocks are able to extend out to their full length, they don't appear to be allowing the lower rear arms the full amount of travel that they can have, evident by the fact that the grub screws used to adjust the droop at the rear of the car don't come into contact with the chassis unless they are screwed much further through the arm than the instruction manual says to.

So is this because the rear shocks are too short and longer shafts are needed, or is there some other fix for this issue?

And again, many thanks to anyone who can help.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 17:26:11 
team driver

You can loosen the rear shock rod end so you see about 2mm of thread without any problems to gain more rear droop.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 19:52:12 

from xray drivers its all to do with the 2015 aluminium shock towers having higher droop than the carbon fibre 2014 towers (i still dont know why they done this!) the carbon towers allowed a great deal more droop front and rear but especially the rear and therefore when the droop screws were installed as per the manual it didnt allow the arm to 'pull' on the shock shaft but rather rest nicely on the screw.
as robin says you can unscrew the shock ends slightly but dont go far as you will lose thread and have potential for a shock shaft pull out!
i think this is the reason alot of guys opt for the carbon towers on super low traction to get as much droop as they can.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 13:22:45 

Tried loosening the shock rod ends as mentioned above and it seemed to work, so perhaps this could be something that could be fixed in the next car?

Anyway as I said above thank you very much for the help guys :)