[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants YOU!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 07:55:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants YOU!
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 08:07:04 

Hi I would like to comment on the new feature soon to be released. Xray Active Rear Suspension I first saw this in the serpent 710 car in my nitro days and it works great can wait to see the new car. But there's a another feature I would like to see incorporated in to the Xray witch also was on one of serpents 1/8 cars. Its called (WOS) Wide offset steering This is a description of what it offers and picture

these Wide offset (WOS) steering blocks that feature a different offset to the blocks can be used in 2 different configurations by swapping the side of the car they are mounted on. These changes, depending on the side the steering blocks are used on, will either give you more turn in on corner entry, or more on power steering at corner exit. The included eccenters ensure that the axle is raised higher than centre line, which enhances the effect caused by this new configuration and due to the use of eccenters the bearings are now also smaller and lighter, reducing un sprung weight.

There is also one more thing I would like to see in the new car is more corner speed. there's a big improvement over the previous car T4'13 but I would like to see even more improvement in this area. That's what the car is lacking the rotation is the best out of all the cars on the market right now if we can improve on both corner speed and rotation but more on corner speed the car will be unbeatable

Attachments:
1234569223b.jpg
1234569223b.jpg [ 94.17 KiB | Viewed 22661 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 03:21:58 

I have just purchased a Team Orion motor to run on my T4 2014 and the motor is hitting the top deck!

Thank guys!!

P.s love the T4!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 04:08:33 

T4 2014

Like:
Very well constructed and engineered
Strong and good quality materials used ( It's great that time and time again screwing and unscrewing into plastic/composite without the thread stripping)
Fast straight out of the box
Great ability to adjust the flex of the car
Great availability of parts for adjustment

Dislikes:[
Motor mount and top plate limits you to gear sizes due to the motor hitting the top plate
Front composite ball joint hits the inside of the rims when using pre glued tyres and rims which our club uses as a control tyre (I had to install the open ball joint to fix)
Very small range of genuine spur gears available
ECS shafts I believe should be fitted as standard
Lipo batt holder with strap as standard

Thanks guys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 20:28:00 

T4 2015

Box may include +0.75mm offset hex hubs to use with ARS
64p 90 spur and 38 pinion (perfect 4.5 FDR) needs some dremel work on motor mount
Rear hubs have some slack (not worth shimming)

Everything else all good ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48:21 

Lots of people have discussed things on RCTech :wink: ;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 02:22:55 

Dormant topic for about 12 months and possibly too late to change the '17 seeing as likely due in October, but anyway, my feedback after changing to xray for the '16

- Steering bridge has lots of play. The design means shimming doesn't really help. The play is actually because of the tolerance between the screw and the bearing, and the rocking is exacerbated by the chamfer on the arms.

- kit should come with longer studs for the rear hub. 8mm is too short when using the common 4mm of shims and can pull out easily. The fix is to include a 10mm stud plus use a grub screw for the second hole. Or maybe we just need a new hub that is taller and uses less shims.

- driveshafts. The grub screws are fiddly. Why not use a circlip design like most others? Or something like the awesomatix, theirs appear to be well sorted.

- battery retaining mounts. Move to a yokomo style!

- inserts. How about 0.75 as well as 0.5 and 1.0? And has staggered offset been considered - rather than 0.5/0.5 and 1.0/1.0 - 0.5/1.0 and 1.0/0.5?

- ARS. Save money, don't include in the kit.

You guys really do have a fantastic car. The above items are very minor points really.

Another idea, move to two platforms. Carpet and Asphalt specific.

- Carpet to include an alloy chassis and leave out the ARS. Include some other team driver favourite options instead.

- Asphalt to include carbon chassis, and say, graphite arms etc. maybe have ARS in this one only.

And not car related, but still relevant!

- hudy on road setup book - needs an update.

Clive

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:38:55 

set up helper can be found here which is an updated more modern version of the old set up book

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 14:56:36 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 02:07:53 

Hi guys. I have a 2013 T4! I thing a better upper belt tesioner! Because the center belt stay scratchin the tensioner post. So if we have a new design will be great.
I changed mine and now i don't have more dameged belts.

Thanks
Marcelo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 02:16:28 

In the current touring car setup sheets there are three boxes for selecting wheelbase, (3 front and 3 rear) But we only have the option of setting it for 0, 1 and then 1 again.
Is it possible to have boxes that can be selected for 0, 0.5, 1 and 2. THis would cover every available setting or perhaps just one box that can have any number we want written in it.
At the weekend we had 0.5mm in front of the wishbones, but there was no way of selecting that setting.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 13:43:59 

1.great overall car
2.great quality parts
3.really smooth drivetrain
4.flex ajustability
5.loads of option parts

dislike:
1.everything seems to be very expensive
2.outdrives break really easily
3.some parts are diffucult to get (dont know if thats ur fault)
4.threads in plastic wear away VERY easily
5.driveshafts pins always fall out (probably my fault)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31:12 

Hey!
Check Out

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 20:51:07 

Last edited by NIYALI on Sun Oct 20, 2019 02:01:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 20:53:23 

Use for your cars

Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 22:59:02 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 04:43:04 

If you don't think that we're right for each other
Well I'm a hustler and a player and you I'm not a stayer,
I know you wan draw card say me just can't perform.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 20:12:14 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8