[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - HELP!!!!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 20:27:26

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: HELP!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 02:53:45 

I have exhausted all of my resources and checked everywhere I can think of. I can not find shock shafts for my 09 Spec XT8.
Amain Hobbies has the rear shafts in stock but the front shocks aren't even listed in the XT8 parts section. RC America's E-shop link is shut down so I can't look there. Is there anyone out there with a set of shock shafts they would sell to me? ????

Or can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? I have waited the last TWO YEARS on diff cups to be in stock at AMain and finally got those ordered and on the bench. Only during the final stages of my rebuild did I discover pitted shock shafts. I refuse to wait another two years for parts to become even more obsolete. I will toss this thing in the dumpster as it sits and start over with something I can find parts for. Sorry for the attitude but I am completely frustrated with the lack of parts availability for the XT8.

Post subject: Re: HELP!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 06:07:21 

Do you mean the #358261 and #358269 shock shafts? http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/produc ... nu_id=3157

These parts are in stock at XRAY factory so if you are from US I suggest you will contact your distributor at xray@rcamerica.com or check this link xdealers-map.php where you can find your nearest dealer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:38:05 

Thank you, but I also need the front shafts, and a hardware kit. I think I may have found "some of" the parts I need on an ebay auction. Hopefully I won't get ripped off by the seller if I order these parts.

I really thought this message board was dead. No one posts here anymore. Glad I decided to try it. Thanks Brano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 06:12:10 

The #358261 shock shafts are used for front shocks in XT8 cars - please check your instruction manual or exploded view.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 14:01:22 

Thanks. I have finally located the correct parts and they should arrive in a few days. Jason Branham at RC America was able to help me. Although his parts are about 20% higher than other places, the expert help made it worth the extra few bucks.

But I will share what SEVERAL other hobby Suppliers have told me: "If you can FIND any xray parts you'd better buy them up because they change stuff so often it's hard to keep stock numbers straight." And: "That XT8 is now obsolete and pretty much worthless. Nobody runs xrays anymore so we're not stocking any parts for them."

These were quotes from men who OWN hobby supply stores. So the word on the street is not the best for the Xray products, unfortunately. But I am smart enough to know good quality when I see it. Also smart enough to know that what is popular is not always what is "BEST". Still, it is very frustrating letting my car sit for two years while parts are backordered....

And nobody carries the FX Engines either....Why?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 15:46:06 

The XT8 is an outdated kit which XRAY does not sell anymore and therefore of course it is more difficult to find spare parts. The availability of the spare parts for current cars in the portfolio is second to none.

As XRAY are high competition racing cars only they are of course not available in all the regular hobby stores which are primarly focused on RTR cars but the availability in the racing oriented shops is very good in most countries. We just work on update of the dealer map: xdealers-map.php to list all the actual shops who carry XRAY.

If you contact our distributor they will be happy to let you know which of the nearest local hobby shops carry XRAY and also the FX engines you are looking for.

It is difficult to argue on the comment that some shops do not carry parts because of frequently changing parts, more frequently I hear that there is so many brands in every cleass in the market htat it is impossible for shops to stock them all, which is true. In the high competition racing almost all serious brands update their cars on annual basis, same as XRAY. Sometimes the amount of changes is smaller, sometimes the changes are more extensive but generally most of the XRAY platforms hold for several years. As Martin just mentioned in his Exclusive Making of story here: http://www.redrc.net/2015/04/exclusive- ... ray-nt115/

"So as a designer you not only have to know how to skate on thin ice, but also to be a master of customers minds; you need to figure out the perfect balance between what is not enough news and what is too much news, and also find the perfect balance between continuing with the current product and when to bring out an all-new product. And in the end you need to accept that whatever you do, it will be still be impossible to make everyone 100% happy. Not an easy task, right?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 01:06:17 

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Mario. I have thankfully found the parts I need and am on my way to having my truggy reassembled.
I understand completely about having to stay current. Unfortunately, I am not able to stay current with the racing crowd who have the need to stay current. I am but an enthusiast at best. Still, I am somewhat sour that the last two years, when my model WAS current, the parts I needed were on back order and not available.

I am, however, still sold on the XRAY brand for it's excellent fit and finish as well as the quality of materials used. The few times I was able to run my truggy in it's desired arena, it performed flawlessly and superior to others present that day. The XT8's durability is beyond anything I have ever seen.
That said, I aspire to afford another XRAY kit soon. I will be selling my 2009 XT8 as soon as I have it fully restored and ready to run.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 21:30:56 

Is there a link to the AMENDED 2009 Spec Manual, please? I have misplaced mine that has the instructions on the new changes for 2009.
Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 13:29:00 

Here is a link to the downloads section for the 2009 XT8:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 15:28:14 

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 03:10:02 

You're welcome