[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T4 15 Front/Rear weight balance issue

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 00:22:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T4 15 Front/Rear weight balance issue
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 17:37:57 

I have a question regarding the Front/rear weight distribution of T4.

I assembled a T4 15, according my country national championship rules and the weight with all equipment was 1252gr. We also have the min 1350 gr limit like in ETS.
I knew that T4 is a light car, but I was was surprised about the delta. (I have Fleta Euro ESC, Speedpassion 13,5, Vtec CPX wheels, Sawöx servo, Sanwa receiver, Mylaps, and 297gr battery so nothing special light)

I put the missing 98gr, distributed evenly front/middle/rear, but the car seemed unbalanced, too much weight at the back.Than I relocated 77gr to front and 21gr middle.

Measured the balance, front 619gr (48,8%), rear 649gr (51,2%), (without body).

My problem is that, although I used the suggested basic carpet setup, it doesn't say anything for front/rear weight balance, but it is pretty sure that putting 98gr significantly change the balance of the car. Unfortunately I didn't find any information what could be the right initial percentage.

My question is what is the suggested percentage of weight distribution front/rear.

I understand it depends from track condition, etc, but I think it would be useful to everybody to have a basic setup suggestion.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: T4 15 Front/Rear weight balance issue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 23:47:08 
team driver

Hi,

I am also surprised your car is so light! Did you weigh car ready to race? Body shells/wheels fitted?

My car has around 50g for weight.

Using the g force corner scales my car 50/50. This is best place to start.

oj

Post subject: Re: T4 15 Front/Rear weight balance issue
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 21:53:59 

what bodyshell do you use and was that weight with the bodyshell on? if not check your scales ,you could be 40/50 gms over on the tracks scales,if i run ride tyres i need to add 50gms to the car a lot less if using sorex,not sure on the weight of the vtecs