[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRay XT4 2015 - Need recommendations.

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 00:31:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XRay XT4 2015 - Need recommendations.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:34:04 

Hi All,

I have just bought an XT4 2015 and would appreciate some recommendations on the following:

Motor
ESC
Servo
Wheels
Tires
Body

I would like to have a car that is ROAR legal. I live in Dubai and presently I am now aware of any races (please correct me if I am wrong), but I am hoping there will be in the future.

I have had a look on the XRay set up sheets and Orca and LRP motors and ESC's seem to be used quite a lot. Does anyone have any thoughts on those? How many turns on the motor should I get?

I would be grateful for any recommendations for any of the above.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Al

Post subject: Re: XRay XT4 2015 - Need recommendations.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:59:11 
team driver

Hi,

lrp and Reedy motors i can both reccomend along with the LRP flow speed control. This sped controller will allow to run both modified and stock classes. Motor will depend on what class you race, stock classes have a fixed limit, modified will be unlimited. Best to check which class you intend to race before buying.

Bodies - the most popular will be protoform, generally on asphalt people use the ltcr and on carpet mazda speed 6.

Servo - I use sanwa 801.

wheels/tyres. You will find now majority of races use a handout or control tyre. This means the tyre already comes pre built and fitted to wheel. The ride tyres are probably one of the most popular.

Hope this all helps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 13:32:21 

Thanks Olly, this was really helpful info.

Which LRP motor would you recommend, and how many turns for a beginner? I was considering 13.5, but am not really sure how the "drivability" will change depending on the turns. Any advice appreciated!

Also, I note that the Sanwa 801 is a low profile servo. Do I need to have this, or will an ordinary servo fit also?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 13:51:48 
team driver

Hi,

13.5 is a good start for a beginner or even a 17.5. Both of these are popular classes. Once you get the hang of it you can always adjust speed controller to increase speed before going out and buying anything faster. 13.5 and 17.5 will give good speed to start out with.

yes the 801 is low profile, a regular size servo will fit just fine, the xray car is very light so even tho regular servo is heavier it shouldn't have any negative effect.

Cheers
Oj