[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 07:50:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 17:42:21 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 04:32:32 

My front right tire is wearing worse then the others, what causes this ?

I have the kit setup on the car only thing I changed was I reversed the springs I put the 2.7 on the rear.

Some one suggested a different roll center -75?

I race on asphalt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08:26 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 03:19:49 

Fastest corners are left turns...

Could any suggest a good outdoor asphalt setup to try?

What will the 2.5 - 2.8 progressive springs do up front ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 19:23:47 
team driver

Last edited by Paul LeMieux on Tue Jun 11, 2013 17:15:53, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 00:02:40 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 17:16:28 
team driver

Thanks Skiddens! I edited the post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 20:39:43 

hi Paul
if i narrow the front track width what/when would i benefit from it? currently i run 2mm ff and 1.5 fr i just changed it to 1.0 ff and .5 fr?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:57:53 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 22:25:58 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 17:58:38 

ok ,who ever abducted paul please bring him back,i need answers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 18:24:00 

hi paul when you get back can you take a look at this please,thanks
ok ,started the race day with a car that was sweet to drive,after 1 round quali im 7th,so the rest of the day im trying to go faster,but this is where it all went wrong,the rear became very loose as the temps came up,i took the 1mm inner link shim off and although a little better its still loose,tried a 1.3 rear bar,still no good,went from 2.7 to 2.6 helped alot (i posted a faster time)but 3/4 mins in the same again,i tried standing them up,laying them down but just couldnt get the rear to grip,was i overheating the tyres? im not sure as i ran a set cold and it was still loose and didnt get better as they warmed,so what should be done and why,thanks

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=484&setup=t4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 00:02:45 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 00:10:57 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:06:57 

Hi Paul. Our weekend fun track is a concrete parking lot with low-medium traction and a bit bumpy for which i need to raise ride height or else ill risk bottoming out the car. I would like to know the effects of raising the ride height setting to 8-9mm with the T4'14 asphalt base setup? Do i need to change settings to compensate this difference since in every T4 setup that i have browsed through so far, ride height is set at 5-6mm or even lower?

I've ran the T4'14 at 13.5 boosted with FDR of 5.91 for two weekends now; using the base setup but with ride height set at 8f/8.5r; 3f/3r droop over ride height; 2.5f/2.0r springs using 4h 1.1 f/ 3h 1.1 piston r with 100% rebound and 45WT oil for all shocks; 500kf/1kr gear diff oil; Sorex 36R; its really easy to drive and responsive but i do experience oversteer which i blamed my driving skills for that (only a few months in RC)... late in slowing down before turns; still very minimal chassis wear with the current setup :D . Fastest lap time is 12s; i'm usually last with average lap time of 13+s :oops:

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 23:03:40 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 04:51:15 

Hi Paul thanks for answering and providing a great advice. I'll try lowering ride height with the camber and dampening changes as soon as this coming Sunday, if weather permits . Let you know how it goes. Good luck to you too!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 09:52:45 

Well had my first experience of running an X Ray this last weekend and have to say it was really good, very pleased with the handling and smoothness of the car. However I have had one small problem, twice during the day the frony belt came off the pulley. I am running it loose(ish) but not very loose. So the question is, what tension should I be running the belt at, tight, very tight, loose or very loose, and is there any other reason that might account for the belt coming off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22:20 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 14:51:42 

Running 17.5 Blinky so would assume not quite so necessary to run really tight. However will tighten up slightly and see what happens.

Does the optional belt tensioner work?

Might well have been stones but who can tell afterwards?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next