[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Couple Questions

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:21:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Couple Questions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 19:21:11 
team driver

Hey Everyone!

So, I've got my car built and have a couple questions and would appreciate if anyone wouldn't mind spending a minute answering them.

1) Belt Tension - What am I looking for as to how tight the belt should be? It doesn't appear to be, but is it adjustable? Or do you simply wait for it to stretch then use a tensioner to tighten it back up?

2) It seems that the belt bounces and rubs against the lower part of the steering links when the throttle is around half or above and I am turning in one direction or the other. Is this common or did I get something wrong?

3) Any ideas (other than fiber tape) to secure the battery in place?

Cheers!

Luke

Post subject: Re: Couple Questions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 20:15:50 

You will get belt slap if your wheels are off the ground, when the weight of the car is applied the belt will tighten at the bottom, the bearing holders for your diffs are eccentric and have pips that locate in the diff housings to give you belt tensioning adjustment. If the pip is adjusted closer to the layshaft it loosens the belt and tightens if adjusted away from the layshaft, rule of thumb rear belt looser than front