[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - X13

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 15:33:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: X13
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 23:40:26 

Will a X13 be released for the winter? Thanks

Post subject: Re: X13
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 06:28:51 

Watch the XRAY home page for some X12 platform news soon :o)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 22:11:49 

Brilliant Brano, thanks will keep eyes peeled. Suspense what a killer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 16:46:51 

Any more news on this?
It would be nice to get some practise running with the updated car before the UK nationals start next month.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 06:44:26 

The new XRAY X12 2013 kits are already shipping to all distributors so you have to contact your national distributor or hobby shop for more info.

official info will on www.teamxray.com will be made soon, they are making the presentation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 13:31:51 

My eyes are peeled.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 21:31:41 

Look forward to seeing the new car. By any chance are we getting a new X10 this year also?

Colin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 01:41:15 

Any chance there will also be a conversion kit for our previous X12 or did so much change that isn't possible?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 06:39:26 

Conversion set will be not available as most parts are new so the price will be too high, however all parts will be available also separately.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 15:55:15 

What is the date pictures will be available? Also what about the release date to buy in the States?

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 06:21:31 

XRAY is now making the whole presentation so it should be online end of this week.

the new kits will be send to US end of this week or next week :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 18:50:04 

Good to see the details posted.

Now to wait for the kits to get to the UK suppliers...

Post subject: Re: X12 2014
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 08:46:23 

Now some packs done.

There is some development, something hasn't changed and something has gone to worse.

The worse:
-All balls (screws&pivot&suspension) have been coated black. My pivot was so stuck with the new coated ball that I had to use an old one. The same goes to front suspension balls, the coating had to be removed. No problems with coating of the ball screws.
-Shock has to be removed to change battery when in inline config. Or I haven't figured out how to do it.
-Spring steel rear axle is 10g heavier than CF one.

The same:
-Front end has still slop
-Only 2 new plastic parts (front arms) and new CF parts, otherwise your spare parts do fine 8)
-body post are on the same location as the old X12, antenna not.
-Pivot point is on exactly the same place as X12
-No predrilled holes for micro servo :?

The change:
-Front end is about 2mm narrower with Jaco wheels. It affects alot to the steering, now the car feels to turn-in good and turns in the corner also. I would like to buy those new optional alu inserts to get it to way I like it.
-New fronts arms, cannot be used with older cars. It seems that these are a bit lower so you can use smaller front tires than before?
-Durable spring steel rear axle. :)
-Rear pod moves easier when the car is in inline config when using AWG13/AWG14 cords. 8) The X12 should have had the inline battery mounting also on the left...
-You can have battery cross the car! 8) But there is no setup for it provided. Pivot point should be more to the front but this is a compromise to have the battery also inline... It is easy to balance electronics with cross config! 8)
-Narrower chassis scrubs definitely less! Took some ideas from this to the old car :twisted:
-New front ride height adjusters are Sweet! 8)
-Shock position has changed a lot and side springs more inboard.

My car had one of the front arm alu inserts unusable without dremel. See attached pic. Otherwise build was smooth and simple.
I was waiting for more updates for the car.

Attachments:
File comment: Defective part
x2014.jpg
x2014.jpg [ 105.77 KiB | Viewed 6435 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 19:45:36 

I ran mine for the first time last night.

I agree with most of your points.
I'm dissapointed in the slop in the front suspension, the large pivot balls at the top of the kingpin seem to be the worse point.
I'd rather have the carbon rear axle, I'll probably swap the steel one with the one in my old X12.

The kit could do with another spacer or two, so the front can be made low enough with new race ready tyres.

I built the car with the cell across the chassis. Kit setup was lacking in front end grip like this, easy to drive but ultimately not quick enough in the corners. I'm hoping I get my order of springs before the UK national next weekend. I ended up on magenta foams all round and still lacked front grip, usually it's double pink fronts, magenta or pink rears.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 16:19:26