[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - V2 Clutch bearing advice please?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 23:19:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: V2 Clutch bearing advice please?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 14:11:30 

Hi Guys, I have been playing with my XB808 2011 for about 6 months now, awesome buggy! Tough as nails!

The V2 clutch bell bearings are much bigger than other buggies, so I figured they will last much longer than the smaller bearings. My buggie's bearings don't seem to last more than 5ltrs of juice. Is that the norm or am i doing something wrong? Should I do more maintanance on the clutch or bearings? Do you replace those bearing alot by default? The clutch shoes are shimmed properly and the bell's meshing is correct on the spurr gear. Not to tight and not to loose. I go through 3 sets of bearings per clutch shoe set.

Will somebody please refer me to a stickey or thread, I can not find maintanance tips or reliabillity tips anywhere.

Thank you for your input.

Post subject: Re: V2 Clutch bearing advice please?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 16:46:41 
team driver

This is normal. The clutch bearing is the weakest part of any car and we all change them regularly. The bigger bearings didn't last longer because due to the size they also spun faster so lifetime was about the same as 5x10. How dusty the track is you drive on also factors in and how many jumps there are but I'd say 4-5 litres is the norm. On race days I change every day just to be sure.

Post subject: Re: V2 Clutch bearing advice please?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 16:51:05 

Thanx Robin