[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - ROLL CENTER

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:23:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: ROLL CENTER
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 19:00:52 

Hello guy, :D

I'm new in this forum and I have a question for you:

How does the rear roll center work? And what insert you choose?
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: ROLL CENTER
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 17:50:17 

Roll center affects how the car transfers weight mostly during turns. The lower the rear pins are the more weight transfer. It's great on lower traction tracks but make the car have a slow response. The higher the pins the less it transfers weight therefor better on high Tractions tracks, quicker response which is great on chicanes.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 18:08:22 

thanks marvcat1,

But Why in the front, will roll center lower if pins are higher and instead in the rear will roll center higher if pins are lower?

Ihope I explained :|

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 18:03:01 

How can I best describes this to you. In the front due to the fact that the upper arms are higher than the chassis. The weight of the chassis is lower than the arm. If you view the wings on some aircraft the higher the wing the more stabile the craft is and the least responsive it is. Therefore on military crafts the wing is either mid to low wing as they need to be more aggile. Thinks about it! In the front the higher u place the upper arm in relation to the chassis the more weight can act on the front end of the car. Therefor allowing the car to roll more, transfer more weight. If you reverse the process by lowering the upper arm you allow the chassis to be slightly higher. Therefore uable to transfer weight as much, that make the car respond faster to inputs. In the rear it's different. The chassis is always about the lower arm. View the chassis as a weight acting on the arms. The lower the rear arm the more the chassis(weight) is able to act on the car while driving. As u bring up the arm u in turn lower the chassis(weight) that acts on the arms. That allows less weight transfer. I hope this helps bro!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 17:21:29 

ok bro thanks a lot!!

beautifull the example on airplanes ;)

I'll do some test on my car,

so thanks guys!