[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB4 Issues

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 17:14:28

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: XB4 Issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 14:49:23 

i buy aftermarket silicon o'ring and i try if i solve the problem but i'm still waiting xray for a solution.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 01:08:57 

has anyone broke diff outdrives? i have somehow broke 2, one on the front one on the rear (not on the same day). i have limited the up travel aswell so that the driveshafts dont hit the bottom of the cup.

i must note both ourdrives have broke in exactly the same point.

im just a little worried as this is racing on indoor on a mixture of polish floor and carpet. im worried when i go out doors on to high grip astro that there not going to last 2 mins.

when i get chance this week i'll try and upload pics of the outdrive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 20:03:47 

i have also broke diff outdrive and not only me. totaly in three xb4 cars from four hade broke diff outdrive in three races in carpet indoor truck.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 21:22:26 

Kri, where did they break on the outdirve, mine have broke at the bottom of the slot, sheered 1 half off.

it would be nice to hear from xray if they are aware of these breakages and are doing something about it

i dont want to but i feel i may have to switch brand, but i want reliability, especially on the drive terain.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 07:45:53 

Most important is to use the downstop shims and upstop o-rings on shock absorbers (p.29 of the instruction manual) to avoid the collisions of the outdrive and drive shaft. XRAY has received some of such feedbacks so the next outdrives will be even stronger and are already in production.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 18:31:49 

i have done everything exactly as manual in downstop shims and upstop o-rings on shock absorbers. but if you have found this broblem maybe you sould offer this part as free upgrate also with a solution about the shocks leaking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 18:52:22 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 00:23:07 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 17:17:04 

I broke an outdrive pretty quickly when I moved my rear shock position. I shimmed it and haven't had a problem since. There's a little bit of flex in the arms and suspension so to check if you have enough shims compress the suspension and give it a little force, then see if you can turn the drive shaft without it binding.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 16:02:20 

I've built up my new XB4, my first Xray car.
enjoyed the build was impressed with the manual and how well everything went together.
got the upgrade kit with the car and fitted it as standard during the build.

I have yet to run the car as I was pressed for time between finishing the build and my next race meet, hoping to get it out this weekend, however I have noticed that my front diff is leaking and from where the gasket should help with the seal, and one of my rear shocks is leaking from under the shock cap.

with the shocks i think what causes the leak is that when you adjust the shock collars it sometimes loosens the shock body from the cap and breaks the seal, this is what seems to have happened with mine, but will need more investigation.

I think the leaky shocks and diffs are something that really needs addressed by Xray as its a fairly large issue
I have build everything according to manual and without even running the car am experiencing these issues, grante dthe shock my be easily solved by tightening the caps a bit more.
I am already looking at getting new diff seal gaskets to try and sort the diff, but the part is out of stock at all the hobbyshops i have checked. so already feeling like i have spent a large amount of cash on a lemon.

I hope this is not the case

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 00:51:51 

Odd as it may seem, the car will break in. The diff screws need to be reseated a couple times and same for the shocks. All mine leaked the first few runs but after some love the problems went away. The composite diff gears needed shimming but the metal ones so far are doing well. I haven't bothered to install the upgrades yet and the included 35t gear will tighten things up in there. Don't worry about this car, I like it so much I just got a 3rd one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 16:09:42 

Hi Team Xray

any news about the problem with outdrives ?

how many money we have to spent since you replays this faulty products?

i want to replays free of charge as you have done with the FREE Upgrade Package

and it's not " free of charge " it is on warranty

i want an answer and i want it as soon as possible

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 02:27:45 

For quickest response on specific issues, the forum is not the best option as it is not monitored as actively as phone and email.

Please send specific requests/warranty questions to info@teamxray.com