[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T4 Set up help needed VERY loose tail end

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 16:31:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T4 Set up help needed VERY loose tail end
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 01:44:06 

Hi all :D

I'm sorry to say i'm in need of help with my set up :(

I have played around with the basic set up sheet I have changed a few things in order to get the car to handle better

Here is the link so if you could take a look & tell me where i'm going wrong the traction is low to med at best

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=260&setup=t4

I'm starting to think moving from my T3'2011 was a bad idea as I got that to handle like it was on rails but I find the lack of info on the roll centre upper clamps positions & piston holes vs oil options troubling as if you go by the T3 set up book it talks about 1hole 2hole 3hole etc & thinner oil vs more holes & thicker oil vs less holes :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Post subject: Re: T4 Set up help needed VERY loose tail end
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 02:47:59 

The first thing I would do is change the upper inner link shims from 2mm all round, to 1mm front and 0mm rear.

That will make a big difference.

Also, middle hole for the front link and thicker diff oil, 2000cSt

But try the links first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 18:10:34 
team driver

Try also to use a harder rear anti-roll bar. Maybe 1.3 or even 1.4, it will keep the rear much more stable on corner entry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 21:50:01 

I run 21.5 but have a car that is pretty consistent
I have qualfied in the top 5 at every EWS with the T4.

try these changes

diff oil core 2000 cst, probably the biggest change you will notice it stopping the rear rotate!
1mm spacers ft & rear on shock top mounting.
front camber link inboard hole 2
1.5 camber all round
shocks ft & rear both hole 3
both diffs in up position
2.5 rear springs
shock oil core 450 cst ft & rear
25% rebound

change body to the mazda 6 - I found the LTCR made the car too aggresive, LCTR is better outside on ashpalt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 01:18:09 

have played around a bit with the set up please take a look & see what you think please :?

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=269&setup=t4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:12:42 

CHANGE THE OIL IN THE GEAR DIFF!

put 2000cst oil in, look at virtually everybodies setup and this is the oil being used.

It will make the biggest difference in the handling of the car, more stable rear end and traction in the corners.

I have raced on carpet (EWS) and Asphalt (CMCRC in Ipswich) and all the T4 drivers are using 2000cst.
Believe me you will see an instant improvement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20:25 

If you have the option, I would change to the 2.5 springs in the rear. On carpet, I felt that it made the back end of the car feel more connected to the track rather than rolling hard from side to side quite quickly. Also, try going to 1mm underneath the front links, and 0mm under the rear links. This will smooth out the steering response and potentially help your oversteer. Also, lengthening out your links will slow weight transfer and make the car more stable as well.

As a final change, I would try running less or even 0% rebound in your shocks. I find that on carpet any amount of rebound in the shocks just makes the car feel much too edgy.

And as was previously suggested, the Speed 6 will lock the rear end of the car in a lot more on corner entry, and still be nice and free coming off the corner, not killing all your exit speed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 13:04:12 

Just a thought, if you reading the T4 instructions ignore the advice on diff oil, see rctech.net for more details but on a low grip surface thicker diff oil is the way to go!