[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T4 chassis failures

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 16:28:40

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T4 chassis failures
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 19:49:40 

Being pondering over upgrading to the new T4. Due to a number car suffering chassis damage that I have seen to date for the time I am staying with the 2012.

Why do customers have to purchase the additional items to prevent chassis damage?

These items should be included as part of the latest batches of kits released.

Michael

Post subject: Re: T4 chassis failures
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 20:19:07 

No need to purchase anything. A friend of mine made some supports out of a broken radio tray. The optional bumper support is less than $10.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 18:06:21 

It's not only the front area that is subject to damage, also the rear near the 2 piece mount.

I seen too many drivers who have been aflicted by these issues, having to replace their chassis!

Releasing additional component to mitigate against these failures at the cost of the customer is not realy in the spirt of good customer service.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 04:08:11 
team driver

What kind of impact are you going through that results in a broken chassis?
I've not seen one yet... must be full throttle stuff into an solid object?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 20:08:57 

As I stated, I have seen many drivers report chassis damage. There must be dome acknowledgment do to the fact that xray has released some products to mitigate chassis damage.

So equally the same feedback must have been recieved!

I just expected that customers would have been issued these parts as when I recieve the front one piece lower suspension mount with the T3 2010.

...and I have not personally suffered the damage, just the feedback I had recieved from many others.

Hence why I have not upper graded from the T3 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44:36 

The only potential issue I'm aware of is that the front bumper doesn't brace against the bulkheads (which is actually no different to most of the other TCs anyway; the 417, BD7 etc are all like this).

If you race on rough indoor tracks and this concerns you it can be addressed with a $10 part (the carbon bumper brace). I don't see how such a cheap part can influence your car buying process. Its not like other cars where you have to spend $100s on toe-blocks, shocks that don't leak, spare suspension parts etc. The T4 is still easily the strongest, fastest and highest quality car available, and is a big step forwards over the T3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 22:47:11 

I've had 2 chassis split behind the front bumper and the rear 2 piece mount rip straight though a chassis.

Front cracks behind the bumper came from nothing more than clipping barriers into corners but the 2 piece ripping through is when I got wollaped on the straight after rolling onto it. Lots of people at our club have also had their 2 piece rip straight through the chassis through being hit.

Put the big bumper on, carbon brace and solid 1 piece. Job done.