[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T4 ALLOY SHOCK MEMBRANES

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 16:29:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T4 ALLOY SHOCK MEMBRANES
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 00:46:26 

I changed the oil in my shocks today for the 1st time since the build. The membranes had swollen and almost wouldnt fit in the shock. I think its about time XRAY sorted this out. The rest of the kit is top notch but the sock membranes really let it down. Come on Team Xray sort this out !!!

Post subject: Re: T4 ALLOY SHOCK MEMBRANES
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 16:12:08 

I've no problem with that. Did you clean it with acetone contenting brake cleaner once?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 18:40:54 

I believe it's due to the composition of the rubber used in the membranes, once it comes in contact with silicone oil it begins to swell. On one hand, it seals the shock really well, on the other hand it becomes difficult to re-use the membranes due to the swelling.

The same holds true for the large thin gear diff o-ring, don't try to re-use it .. probably made from the same material.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 20:35:53 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 07:35:05 
team driver

Hi Adrian,

which shock oild do u use? (brand)

I use the same membranes since, Jun, racing every weekend and have no problem at all. I use Xray shock oil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 18:07:31 

Martin,

I have not experienced this issue with the T4 yet, as I have not rebuilt the shocks. However, if the material of the membrane is the same as that in the T3 membranes, then they do indeed swell when using Xray shock oil. New membranes are a nice tight fit, but ones that have been left in the shock for 3-4 weeks expand and are very tough to get that same fit as when new. The same goes for the large thin diff o-ring, once it expands it is useless.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:31:10 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 03:23:44 

Very strange. I have used XRAY bladders and oil on all my T2s and T3s and never experienced this problem and I at least top up my oil once a week

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 13:04:08 
team driver

I know about this problem with T3 membranes, therefore I redesigned the bladder as well as the shock to make sure that when they become slightly bigger, it would still fit. I use the same bladders for 5 months and I am changing oil every race so I really do not understand where can be the problem. I contacted all our team drivers and nobody has problem as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 15:21:24 

Maybe the problem is that all makers of silicone oil say "100% silicone" but what really matters is if it's first grade fresh silicone or re-used silicone which of course is cheaper but just not that good and nobody really knows what's inside. I never had problems with the Xray oils (and Ky**** oils before).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 06:48:17 

i have also not had this problem i have heard that some shock oils can swell bladders and o-rings but i think all the talk of the xray shock and bladders being not great is crazy..
i have used tamiya shocks and how many number of other shocks including new t-shock and think xray T4 are best shocks on the market atm!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 03:42:03 

Yep I raised this issue a few months back :roll:
I run associated oils and I always have, I have built TCXX shocks, yokomo shocks, tamiya shocks and my t4 shocks in the last 4 months. My xray shocks have been the only ones to swell excessively. If u wanna use the xray bladder over and over make sure its seated in the cap before screwing it on.
If u wanna test the o rings or bladders get some sandwich bags put oil in it with an oring or bladder for a week then compare to an unused one out the same packet. I have found 2 manufactures which are not affected by he oils the trf ones amazing and much more o rings.

But I recieved my t shox's for the t4 the other day! People save ur money! Honestly the o'rings are soooo big brand new u build the shocks up the stiction its like having a shock with 1000wt in but it has no oil maybe that's why people rave about them u never need to buy shock oil again!
J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07:25 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02:23 

No only trf o'rings!i see someone had found an alternative somewhere I believe on rctech.
I have found the xray shocks very good in terms of leaks so I am keeping a lot of oil in the shocks I check the rebound and feel every week but I only rebuild once a month 6 weeks and put in new bladders!

It would be nice to have a high quality set as a alternative but I suppose that would cost money and a 400% profit margin would not be there! I mean this in no disrespect as although we are here for fun and the love of the hobby we are here to make money too. J

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34:41 

No problem for me also,i change oil all the time and I had no problems with the new T4 membranes.

pier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:48:14 
team driver

I also use the same blader since 3 months(racing every weekend). No problem for me also...very strange...I don't think that the problem is the new T4 blader...