[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - dirt oval

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 20:13:07

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: dirt oval
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 07:00:22 

Hello all. I have a t1 fk 05 I puchased at my local dirt oval track that is a good car for touring car late model racing.....I've searched forum for a left turn chassis that xray or sombody custom makes......ne body know of one would help a millon.....second the rear ball diff has a racheting feel to it is there a problem or is this normal. Thanks :oops: :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: dirt oval
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 15:53:17 

Some years ago with a T1R I raced on an indoor wooden oval (cycle track). I do remember putting stiffer springs on the outside wheels to good effect on the end bankings.

Re diff. Yes problem :D Actually not a problem but that is just the way they go when they wear - you need to fix it. It probably depends on costs but generally I found you buy a new diff for almost the same price as replacing parts. If you want to try repalacing theparts

You will need new diff balls and diff washers/plates. You can either buy separately or as a complete set. Not sure if your ball diff is the same as that used on later models (strongly suspect it is) but I am sure one of the XRAY guys can help you with that and part numbers. You will probably need to choose between steel balls or more expensive carbide balls.

You may also need a new diff thrust washer kit. If so I suggest you get a pack of cone washers too. (you will need a small guage circlip remover too)

In the UK the cost of the above parts using steel balls is 29GBP compared with a new diff for 40GBP. Bear in mind that a new diff comes with new composite output shafts, which if bought separately cost 24GBP for the pair - and yours may well be worn too.

HTH

Post subject: Re: dirt oval
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 20:35:14 

I just purchased a new diff thanks for info.....would that cause erratic steering like causing car to dart left an right....don't want to sound like a noob but I'm racing on good packed dirt with some clay medium to little grip so should I run my chassis more rigid or little flex....what would changing the akerman do for the car...thanks for dealing with noob questions I run crawlers an short course but this one of the most scientific rc cars I've owned lol a lot of adjustments an I figured out quick that it takes small adjustments to make big differences lol :oops: