[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Newbie Xray T4 ? Help

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 18:20:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Newbie Xray T4 ? Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27:11 

Hey everyone I am new to the forum.

Where do I start...

Well I have been into Rc for about 7 years now and have built and raced a few lower end kits such as Hpi and tamiya .

Anyways I made the mistake of buying a Hpi Sprint 2 flux and thinking I can drive on my local carpet track . Well Im sure you guys all know that its not the car to do that stuff with .

So here I am looking to get into a performance touring car .... last night I was at my local track running my car and a fellow racer in the club let me take his Xray T3'12 out for a few laps . All I can say is I was amazed at myself driving the car as I couldn't drive my own car like I did with the xray if you payed me ....I thought usually it is the other way around lol . Also let me take out his new CRC "vvc" wildfire out for a few laps that he uses for his 17.5 blinky car . I was also amazed with that car as well . In terms of which one was better I cannot answer that as thats why I am making this post . I am new to this so to understand the differences or pros and cons of the two cars I cant say anything right now.

Basically I am looking at the T4 and also looking at the CRC wildfire as of right now . I know that this is an xray forum and Im sure most have xray cars on here but I am just looking for some valid points on why go with the xray ? I have read both specifications on both cars . I don't know what it is but something is telling me that xray is a better built car .

Everyone in my club says xray's are amazing but where I am located it is not a common vehicle and a little bit of a hassle to get parts for it . I mean if I go with the xray I don't have any issues of buying spare parts for the car that are common to break and what not . The way I am looking at this is that all I want to do is buy a really good car and pretty much have it last me and get my moneys worth out of it .... Even if It is a car that is a little too far advanced I am sure with this forum and a few guys and my local track will be able to help me out in terms of setting up the car and explaining a few things if need be ... I downloaded the T4 instruction manual and read the whole thing it seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand as long as I build it to the manual spec to start with .

Sorry for the long rant about this I am just not sure who to ask regarding this and would just like someone to chime in in terms of the 2 vehicles I have listed above and what to go with and why ( pros-cons) .

Any help would be great .

Thanks a lot
Will,

Post subject: Re: Newbie Xray T4 ? Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:25:39 

I don't think this is the Forum to asking the readers to compare the Xray T4 with a competitor manufacturer's car. This Forum is for Xray people to ask questions and share information, not to dicuss the merits of other manufacturers. I think you ought to put your question on an "Independent Forum".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 13:00:46 

A valid reason to go for the t4 ..... You'll only end up upgrading to it in the future so just buy the best to begin with :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 14:19:27 

Xray's tend to have a reputation for reliability and durability that no other manufacturer can beat.
Even my friends that run high end Tamiya's and Hot Bodies cars admit that the Xray is probably the best club car out there.

Xray parts do tend to be a bit more expensive than most, but you'll use less of them. I have parts I bought 4 years ago that were bought when I first started using Xray, they are still in their bags and have never been used.

The other main advantage with Xray is forums like this. There are always people ready to help with questions etc. :)

Skiddins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 16:16:23 

When you say Xray parts are not easy to get where do you live? you can generally get parts next day from anywhere if you need them (pretty sure you won't get that back up with a CRC) , I run a second hand T2 009 that came with a box of spares and have only broken 2 hubs in 2 years at the same place on the same track (by trying to cut a corner to tightly!).
Will be upgrading to a T4 when Christmas is out the way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 19:52:58 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 19:55:45 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 20:41:36 

Having raced HPI cyclones upto the TCX, I fancied a change and liked the look of the T4.
Boy am I glad I changed, the T4 is fantastic and I am going a lot quicker than I ever did with my TCX.
The quality is superb, build is easy. The handling is amazing and so consistent.

Buy it you won't be disappointed :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 22:58:54 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 02:59:59 

I believe the distributor for Canada is RCAmerica

Skiddins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 14:39:09 

I have drive Xray cars outside on asphalt for the past 5 or so years. In that time the number of parts that have actually broken I can count on the fingers of one hand. Of course various parts suffer wear and should be replaced.

Plenty of places on the internet where you can easily get parts; in your kneck of the woods Nexus Racing (USA), R-C Mushorrom (USA) are good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 00:51:18 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 15:55:53 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 18:25:29 

Sorry guys but I disagree with you. Where else to go to get views on an XRAY and views on an XRAY vs an ABC from anyone that has driven both? Responses to the 2nd question may be few and far beyween but anyone driving an XRAY should at least be able to give personal views (= help) as to why they are driving the car.
Most people are also honest, as far as I can see, as to what are the good and not so good points on the car (maybe not too many of the latter :D ).