[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Broken parts

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 09, 2024 01:26:45

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Broken parts
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 23:31:18 

Who do I contact when parts break?? Thought I would email Mr Hudy before I post on other internet sites

Post subject: Re: Broken parts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 07:37:50 

OneKiwi,
Obvious place to purchase spares from is your local hobby shop where you purchased the kit from.
If you are from New Zealand then ask your local model shop to contact NZ distributor, Zoom Resources.

Cheers,
Trev.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:23:47 

Im not after spares (as I know where to get them) im after a replacement as a part broke in half that shouldn't have.
I have contacted the local hobby shop and they will help me out but I thought that My Hudy would like some pics and info to make it better

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45:04 

What Broke on the Buggy ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 16:39:55 

For any service and support please contact your local hobby shop or national distributor. If you want to file any reclamation please provide to your distributor also the serial number. Please remember XRAY guarantees all parts to be free from manufacturing and material defects and if there is any manufacturing or material defect you will get of course free replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 19:02:38 

Thanks
I did contact the shop I got it from, what great service he sent out a new one the next day.

I was just wondering if xray would want parts back to check etc? To check batch details moulding etc.

I broke the large gear in the diff, it broke in half. I only managed to get about 8 slow laps as I was feeling in the car and new slick tyres (slippery) and others on the track then this happened.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 23:22:52 

The diffgears are too weak. Broke two sets in one day. The second one just after 3 packs. Slipper too tight??? I dont care. If I cant have it like I do, I cant drive as fast as I want. There is too much play inside the housing and the 4 small gears should maybe have a 0.1 ticker shim than the kit.
Put in NT1 gears now and will see if that will hold. Didn`t shim extra.......

The towers are also bad. They should at least be 4 or 5mm thick. Made myself a thin steelplate (like the xb9) hope that holds
The shcocks leaks out of the cap. When I opened them, they were low on oil and full of airbubbles. An oring would maybe do the job?
The rear wing mount breaks easy. Lot of airbubbles in the plastic??
The plasticring over the pin in cvd is too weak . The pin came out of the front axel. It made a hole in the plastic fantastic.

The car handles great and I am very satisfied, but just a little disapointed with the quality. I guess that I`m too satisfied with the xb9 quality and not used too 1:10 normal less strenght????

Hope You guys will take this to consideration and make the car even better.

Post subject: SHOCK TOWERS ARE WEAK
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 00:25:42 

I ran my slipper extra loose and worked my way up to a usable slipper setting as I always do. My diff gears survived, but I bought some spares just in case until my NT1 gears come in. The stock gears are pricey, $19 per set, ouch. On my 4th pack, I had a decent crash. Well, I can tell you that the shock towers break easily. The rear broke at the inner camber link mount and the front delaminated in the middle. A very good driver at my track also broke the front tower in the same spot. In my opinion, the towers should be made from 4mm cf and the rear tower needs to have more material around the camber links. I am very surprised that XRay released the car with 3mm towers. I think that they should send out 4mm towers to all 1st run purchasers at no charge.
I contacted a friend that does customer carbon fiber work and he will have them ready for this weekend. They will be 4mm and more material around the inner camber link mounting area.
My fear now is that the front diff bulkhead will break similar to what has been seen on other forums.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 16:05:52 

How fast was you going? how hard was the object that you hit?

These crash reports need more detail its all very vague

Ps I'm not encouraging them by the way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 01:15:22 

Ran about 20 packs yesterday and here`s a little report.

With the NT1 metal gears and slipper with same setup, no gears were ripped. Other drivers told me the same.

With my homemade towers they held with no problem, but since they are stronger I broke the bulkhead in front, If you compare the xb9 towers you will find two more screws just around the link. The xb4 should have the same. The breakingpoint in the front tower are concentrated in one small area. If you get two more screws further down, the breakingpoint will increase. Make the area around the links bigger, the back tower breaks around the links.

My schocks continued too leak and other drivers told me the same.

The plastic ring over the cvd must be made of another material. The idea is nice, but several drivers had problems. The pin pops out....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 05:29:29 

So far only issue I had was 2 1 was mine to blame stuck on a pipe and tried to Marshall it myself n stripped the rear diff but today 2nd time out with the car I busted the rear tower buy the lower ball stud on a bad landing