[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants YOU!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 07:40:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants YOU!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 18:18:30 

What? because andybird said put more holes on the other for servo and i said no just put your speedo up there! thats got nothing to do with cooling the motor!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 05:55:24 

Can we get some orange "c"hubs and rear hubs for the t3,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 06:54:37 

XRAY already offers these in orange color:

#302337 Alu C-Hub Front Block, Right - 4° Deg. - Orange - V2
#302338 Alu C-Hub Front Block, Left - 4° Deg. - Orange - V2
#302339 Alu C-Hub Front Block, Right - 6° Deg. - Orange - V2
#302340 Alu C-Hub Front Block, Left - 6° Deg. - Orange - V2

#303358 Alu Upright Rear 1° Outboard Toe-In - Orange (L+R)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 17:33:38 

What about onroad shocks that follow the perfection of function equal to the rest of the Xray onroad kits. I mean shocks are even much more important than flex and all the other things that get paid tons of attention during development. I just can't understand where a problem designing perfect shocks could be. This is what a piston has to look like and NOTHING else:

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/u3771_w.jpg (Those don't fit ... just an example.)

I don't mean the material but the way they are made: machined and that means perfectly round without edges and noses of the casting process. It's ok on the XB9 as those noses are on top of the piston (which is at least good enough IMO) but perfect would be fully machined and nothing below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 02:28:59 

Here goes my first post!
Dear xray, u make an amazing car, I have run my t4 for 4 weeks now. Amazing car, I have owned a few different manufactures cars now and have spent a lot of time testing and comparing lap times, I am not an amazing driver I consider my self fast consistent and aggressive.
I have always stuck with xray as I find the cars "stable", its said that a stable car is not the quickest but as I'm aggressive I find I my lap times certainly matches the top boys.

What I like:
Quality xray oozes quality from the sticker sheet to chassis ( more sticker sheets should be included its free advertisement.
The t4 shocks are amazing I have built many shocks including tamiya, my xray stumpy bigbores went together amazingly, perfectly matched zero air first time even tamiya's did not do that first time
Strength I raced a very fast but tight track at the weekend and had a couple of hard tumbles, my t4 just shrugged it off.
New cars each year, after a years running the car gets worn, u don't put a gun to people's heads to buy the newest version so don't listen to the people who criticise

What I'd like to see on future xrays,
Firstly chop chop with the xb4 and an xb2 ( if u wish to call ur 2wd off road this I won't mind) I do not race 10th off road but would defiantly buy the pair and attempt to race them.

Now ur 10th on road

As I said I've recently tried other cars and compared, the single big o ringed gear diff in the TCXX is amazing I ran it 3 times a week changing the oil meetingly and it never swelled, I changed the t4 oil on first outing to find the oring had! Change of design! No gasket just big oring. Big win

This I just an idea a slight milling in the chassis for the strapping tape on the lipo side, I try to use only 2 pieces of tape per meeting changing before the finals, but recently using a new piece every run as I remove the old tape to de tweak, a slight milling would allow 1 piece per meeting and give us the option to de-tweak with tape in place. Yes I know their is a holder but prefer not to use. Now not sure how the flex would change with a milling but just a thought.

The pivot pin design, roll center mounts, please give us the option to choose which design we want the plastic .75 increments or the "tamiya hpi yokomo" style block type, yes I appreciate I have heard team drivers say there is no advantage over this style, but maybe so, we would just like this style, u get finer roll center changes yes slightly more expensive for customers but we would buy!

If u was ever to convert to that style block the 2 piece design on the yokomo is flawless! L shape with a locater lug ( pin ) between screws strong and perfect. Or to take away the grip fit the solid 1 piece I really liked this on my bd7.
If the design was used now u could use the split mounts in the front without ever having fear of the blocks damaging the chassis in an event of a incident and the blocks would always be perfectly aligned thanks to the the width of the mount and locater lug.

Please consider this for the t4 '13. U are not copying u are simple making the best car.
Other than that keep up the good work well done on the t4 amazing car

Many Thanks J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 09:16:22 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20:11 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26:25 

Also has Xray tried a shaft driven car? Rather than belts?
Seeing the shaft cars of today the power delivery is immense so direct and seemingly quicker out of the corners and down the straight. Just wondered if u had researched this option?

J

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50:45 
team driver

The suspension mounting system used on the T4 is efficient, reliable and easy to work on. I don't see a need to change this system.

The benefits of a shaft drive are not good enough to counter the less desirable effects such as torque steer. Some innovative solutions have been seen on the Russian Awesomatix cars recently with the bevel gears which allows for the motor to be mounted in the conventional way still with a shaft drive. I am not sure that this type of drivetrain is efficient enough, not to mention that it is incredibly loud and heavier than a regular belt drive system.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 01:55:32 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 14:26:27 

The T4 is very good - best i have had.

Two minor things for me,

1. The lowered bumper. I have monted a bumper from the T3 to avoid braking my chassie, as i have seen alot of these go on other peoples cars.
2. The hole in the chassie to use when mounting the pinion is usless. It's inline with the spur, making it impossible to reache the set-screw on my standard size pinions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11:23 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 08:53:00 

Hi
My name is Colin and i'm a great admirer and supporter of xray models. What can i say that hasn't been said already the cars you produce are excellent a work of art, highly successful. i started with the xray t 2009 witch was a great car. Then moved on to the xray t3 2010 witch was even better but didn't have much luck with that car. but the xray t3 2011 was a exceptional car, every think was increased especially grip cornering speed and rotation i loved that car. the xray t3 2012 was not the same for me a lot of people was faster straight away but i struggled with it. It lacked the cornering speed and rotation that the 2011 car had. it had way to much grip witch produced slow lap times. the car was great to drive and very well balanced. i searched for a car that could produce high grip but when i found it. i noticed that to much grip was slower that a car that has a slightly loose rear end. witch produce faster lap times but was inconsistent through out a 5min run. then the Xray T4 came along. This car is a work of art, it incorporated all the optional parts i was using on the T3 2012 to get the car to do what i wanted it to do. i was using the hard rear up rights, optional finer chassis narrower rear track width the option C clamps witch was -2mm lower. The T4 has incorporated all of these parts and much more to produce a brilliant car. But for me it doesn't have the,corning speed or rotation that the T3 2011 car has. The T4 a big step forwards and a much Superior car and i'm very happy with it. What i would like to see if you could increase the cornering speed, that the car looses minimum speed when cornering and increase the rotation. this car would be unbeatable. for me its all about cornering speed and rotation witch makes a very fast car.The T4 has ampule of grip that's why i haven't mentioned it. its a superb car and i'm very happy with my car thank you Team Xray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31:39 

If possible could the pivot block design be tested again, mentioning no name or manufactures but a uk national A driver and driver who attended the worlds (said this so u can appreciate he's not a slow driver)
Has been struggling with he's car prototype part after prototype part he could not get on pace.
He's runs identical xray design with holders. He got new pivot blocks made similar to yokomo and tested the last couple of big meetings he is now back on pace?

I will say proof in the pudding really I see 1 car with just a change in how the block design go faster? Is it a case the roll center goes lower?

J

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 05:04:02 

My first X-ray and my first touring car in many years and I really enjoyed building it, very easy.

I only ran it a little bit so far but it seems great. My observations so far are:

+Easy to build with very good manual.
+Good quality parts.
+Good support through home page and forum.
+Car works good with kit set-up.

-Front bumper is lower than the chassie plate, when I assemble the top deck I want the chassie flat on the set-up board to avoid tweak but then I need to remove the front bumper. Maybe it needs to be like this so the chassie plate dont get damaged but still it is annoying.
-Battery assembly in kit not good enough (battery can touch the motor shaft).
-O-ring for the gear diff was too large already at first build, had a leak due to this, ended up cutting the O-ring. shortening it and put it in, works fine it seems.
-Set-up manual not updated since T2. Some updates for Multi flex screws would be needed, also for gearing and some other things that changed over time.
-No spare screws in set, if one screw get damaged during assembly the kit wont come together, I guess this is worse for me living in Shanghai where no one has stock of parts except the one store that has some plastic parts and belts but to get a screw like the M2,5x6 for the gear diff is very hard also by order from HK.

Another point I have is from my old Corally C4, it´s chocks had a piston where the number of open or closed holes (1-4) could be changed from the outside by fully extending the shock shaft and turning it, this was a super good tuning option that I used alot. No need for open the damper!

/Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 19:15:03 

Be inspired car awesomatix A700....Shock :wink:
And full new stabilizer system. It needs a new car :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 16:21:10 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 18:36:33 

Hi

first congratulation to Xray making so good and unbreakable cars for years now. :wink:

I'm driving electrical touring cars on the south of France. I'v got a T2 2009 / T3 2011 and T3 2012. These are the main problems i have met :

- T3 2011 and 2012 : the cars seems (feel) to not be sensitive to flex tune.
- T2 / T3 : please change ball bearings... they are light and work well...but just for a short time...Not at the Xray cars general quality level.

To be honest, my favorite (and faster) car is still my T2 2009 (this car have a good flex range). I have not try the T4 yet. But for sure, it will be the next one

Cordialy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 03:01:06 

Hi,

I have a T4, very happy with the car but would like to see the team drivers showing a build like these videos from Schumacher

http://youtu.be/P23A1hiFOYw
http://youtu.be/_mUeXYZbn5s
http://youtu.be/srg9Glepzmk
etc

And RED RC
http://youtu.be/sliCxsIZ3v4

these videos have been invaluable in helping build and setup the car.

My second request would be a T4 setup book that is complete with all of the tuning options, many are missing in the t3 book that is available. For example moving the top link mounts and their effect? The effect of damping on the car? many small things are missing completely. The combination of setup book and video would be amazing!

In the kit there is one spare M3x15 screw when 2 are needed to run the 4mm shim on the steering this is very frustrating.

The shock collars should have an indent so it is easier to have the same preload on all the shocks.

Cheers,

Will

Last edited by Will1/10 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 08:10:39, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 20:24:27 

Love the T4, quicker than any of the previous Xray's etc. :D
I only have a couple of things on my 'wishlist' for future versions of the T4;

Larger hole for access to the pinion grub screws
5th body post holes in front shock tower.

Thanks
Skiddins

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next