[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB9 ---Buggy General Forum---

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 21:33:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: XB9
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 16:57:57 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 04:17:31 

More rotation:
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=244&setup=xb9

If that deosn't work, then you got the wrong tires or are entering turns wrong. That setup has more offpower rotation than any nitrobuggy I've ever driven.

Keep you hinge pins clean and lubed, even if they feel free, they can bind under load when dusty, then the car snowplows.
Rear arms level, front way low. Check it on the table, check it again when it's rolling on the track.

Try the inside shock holes on the arms, front first, with my setup and move the shocks around. Don't be afraid to move the rear camber link around.

Post subject: Re: XB9 ---Buggy General Forum---
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 04:21:12 

If anyone is having issues with the stock shock boots I found that the Serpent boots fit like they were made for the xb9. Best boots made by far, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 07:00:48 

What kind of problem is with the stock XRAY ones?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 18:38:57 

The stock ones fall down and let a lot of dirt in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 20:52:22 

I'm having a problem with my centre diff, and to be fair i've had this problem since i brought the car. The diff keeps leaking. I have been using plenty of black grease on the outdrivers, changed the o rings and diff seals but still no better. Please help

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 00:13:18 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 14:08:46 

Hello everyone, I have a situation with my XB9 and need some help. I'm a newbe so no doubt it is something im doing wrong, just need to know what it is so I can reslove it. Here is the problem:
Im trying to setup the front toe on my buggy and can not get anymore than 2 degrees toe out before the turnbuckle (part#352611) is bottomed out in the ball joints (part#'s 352665 & 352664). I noticed when I assembled the turnbuckles to the specified 32.8mm the toe was way off. The only thing different from the build in the manual is 5degree steering kingpins.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much.

EDIT, after posting this question I looked at the setup sheets to see what everyone else was running for front toe. Is 2degree the most you can get on the XB9?

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 16:52:44 

when using the 5deg steering blocks the camber will need to be reset
using the upper link try this first then set the toe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 02:55:20 

Hi every one, I would like know in what track conditions in necessary use the softest bladders inside the xb9 shock?
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42:36 
team driver

Thorny - I could be wrong but it sounds like you may be overfilling the diffs, when you build them its really important not to overfill. As soon as you overfill the diff will leak and continue to leak. As a result of a leaky center diff you get center diff bearings soaked in thick diff oil which doesn't do anything for acceleration or fuel economy (as you probably already know!)

When I build my diffs I fill it to about 1/3rd then put the two diff pins with all 4 satellite gears in, fill again until you get just above the cross section and then put the last bevel gear in and wipe off the excess diff oil from the diff. Attach the spur gear and you should be sweet! I know you've already replaced the O-rings but it would pay to throw a new set in and build to the method above. Hopefully this helps

Arushmen - I would guess if you were wanting to use soft bladders, it would be to either gain more traction or to try and lose a bit of initial pack as you land. Probably more suited to low traction or bumpy tracks

Last edited by Chrisbanham on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 02:24:29 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 19:11:30 

thanks for the help on that one Arushmen

Next one for you all, set up problems -

Can some one help me please, i am have some issues with my setup. I race on astro turf in the winter in the England, and its especially damp/wet at this time of year. The problem i am experiancing with the car is lack of forward traction and lack of rear grip on power coming out of the corners (the car tends to fish tail alittle). I have attached my setup. Can someone point me in the right direction. thank you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 15:08:32 

Hello
I saw the springs on the world championship with 4 stripes front
3 stripes and long drive on the rear axle
which part numbers have the springs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 17:12:05 

Last edited by dgrobe2112 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 17:56:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 00:22:23 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 17:55:50 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24:44 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 05:48:01 

Just finished building my first xray product XRAY XB9/13 buggy, went together really nice and looking forward to having some input in the future regarding the car, cant wait till later in the year when the XRAY XT9/13 comes out, eagerly awaiting its arrival, Savage Sam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59:03 

Welcome aboard Sam glad you liked the build we like the car that much never bothered to change since the original XB8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next