[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T4 ---- General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 09:24:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: XRAY T4 ---- General Forum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 23:03:37 

I didn't find in the bag 01.2 an important screw to fix the bodies of the differential, I'm writing an email to you for the details.

Thanks for your helping!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 07:20:14 
team driver

Colin,

it depends on the track layout. If there are many chicanes and 180 corners, I would use 1.1 piston as the car rolls less and quicker change direction and stays more flat. With long sweepers, you can use 1.2. this would also provide more traction. But generally, I would suggest to start with basic shock setting from kit which is made for low-medium traction.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 08:06:39 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:52:25 

I notice all the T4 setups I have seen so far have 2000cSt oil in the rear diff.

I haven't run my car yet but immediately put 1000cSt in it as with the T3'11 and '12 I found 700cSt too thin. In fact I ended up using 3000cSt in the end.

What have the drivers found when using thinner or thicker oils i the gear diff?

Thanks
Skiddins

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 16:57:46 

Hi Martin as we hire our hall our track lay out changes every week so it is never the same so at the moment i'm in the hunt to get the best setting for all round best grip

Best Regards Colin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 18:51:23 

Hi Martin,
it seems as if the e-clipses for the shock shafts cover up the holes in the pistons a little bit.
Doesn`t that influence the oil flow?
The e-clipses supplied with the kit are larger than the ones mentioned in the manual (965023/ 2.3). These would otherwise be to small to fit the shock shafts.

UR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 20:52:12 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 22:26:44 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 22:39:40 

Hello,
in comparison with t3 around upper holder, I have seen that there is too much clearance between bulkheads and upper holder (is there enough resistance after crash?) Have you make some tests I imagine...

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 20:30:39 

Just noticed there is a problem with the part number for the 1.3mm rear roll bar in the manual on page 21.

Do you know when the option springs will start shipping?

Thanks
Skiddins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 07:47:29 

You are correct, thank you for the info. XRAY will make the correction.

The new optional springs:

308264 - C=2.5-2.8 - already available
308274 - C=2.3 - now in packing, available within few days
308275 - C=2.5 - already available
308277 - C=2.9 - in production

I suggest you will contact your national distributor who will let you know where and how to get them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 21:54:07 

Hello

I've now done 2 meetings with my new T4 & have found it a little tail happy I have set the car to the basic carpet set up apart from the oils & they are as follows

Rear Diff 600cst instead of 700 supplied with kit
All shocks 40wt instead of 350cst supplied in kit

I have the front diff in the raised position so locking tab in down & the rear diff in the lowered position so locking tab up

I would say the carpet we use is low to med traction & track condition is mixed as track lay out changes each week

Thanks Allan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 07:51:20 
team driver

I would try what Skiddins suggest here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13013

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 21:50:44 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 06:35:05 

Hi Martin, I would also kindly like to ask- IN asphalt with long-medium sweeping corners, Whats the easiest way to make my T4 slightly understeer in the first initial corner entry but really stick in the mid corner and exit with on power steering :). Ive noticed with the stock set-up I have to brake really hard at the first corner entry to make it turn and after I put the throttle on it goes out of the mid corner and exit :)

If i dont put on the brakes hard, it will go out of the corner :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 09:48:06 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 18:50:36 

Hi alex thank you for your reply. I will try interchanging the shocks. Should I remove the shims from the Alu steering plate only or both from the alu steering plate and the ball end? :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 09:11:28 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 20:17:21 

Post subject: Gearing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 21:03:03 

Hi, I just ran my T4 for the first time last night. I stepped up from a 008 chassis so I didn't have the correct spur and pinion combo and I wanted to know what spur and pinion would fit in the car to give me a final drive in the low 4s?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next