[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T4 Fast oversteer

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 20:15:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T4 Fast oversteer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 09:12:59 

Currently I have a problem with the T4, steering response is really great, but I have the problem that I have a total oversteer. When I go into a turn, everything is perfect, but if I still want to draw a bit more or must make the T4 immediately a 90 ° bend, even with very tight corners. I was on two different carpet tracks an on both the big problem. It cannot drive smooth and round.
Possibly you've got an idea, I can not imagine that this is intentional ...

the Steering is limited to 26° on the left an right and the lengths are the same an all move very smooth an freely.
the Problem is with the Basic setup for carpet, the only thing i have change is that i use the caron arms for a better roll by the corner.
normally i use -5 to -10% Expo

some remedy creates when I bring the rear upper link to maximum lenge. I never use that way on the t3 before....

Sincerely yours

Scotty

Sorry for my English :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: T4 Fast oversteer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17:15 

I assume you meant 'carbon arms'
These do make the car more twitchy, at a recent race another driver stopped using them and immediately found the car easier to drive.

Do you have a setup sheet we can look at?
What changes have you tried?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 14:05:45 

Yes true Carbon arms ;)
I can hardly imagine that it depends on the swing because they actually want to take some grip.

i Upload the setup sheet from the last race in the database.

scotty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 22:39:53 

Your sheet;

Have you tried putting the front shocks in hole 3 and the rear shock in hole 2?

Most people seem to run thicker oil in the rear diff, 1000-2000cSt.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 07:44:25 
team driver

I would try what Skiddins suggest, heavier diff oil first and then lay down the front shocks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 09:48:11 

I have tried front shock in hole 3 and rear in hole 1, its not relay better.

next time i will try thicker Dif oil.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18:16 
team driver

No, you need to use 2nd hole from the bottom in both front and rear. More you rise the front shocks, more initial steering you get. More you lay down them, more mid corner steering you get. Thickness of the rear diff influence steering as well. Softer the diff is, more in-corner steering you get. Thicker diff decreases initial steering but increases cornering speed and stability of the car. But of course all depends on traction. When the track has low traction, hard diff would be difficult to drive as the car would slide more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58:17 

Ok thx i will Test it next time

Is the theory with the rear shock the same?

So it was not so bad to use hole 3 for the front shock to decrease in-corner steering.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 15:08:03 
team driver

sorry, I made a mistake, I wanted to say 3rd hole in both front and rear, not 2nd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 16:05:58 

Ok and wehre is the difference between front and rear shock position?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 01:42:37 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22:10 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26:06 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 02:01:47 

The further you lay down the shocks the more lateral grip you achieve. All other things being equal, if you lay down the front shocks, incrementally, you will get to a point where the increased front grip, vs the rear grip will lead to oversteer. Ditto the other way around except the result is understeer. My understanding of the T1R and T2 setup books is that they say this.

I nearly always run my shocks as vertical as possible, for any given track condition, to have a repsonsive car especially for chicanes and the above scenario has always been my experience :wink: