[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - set ups

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:26:35

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 18:55:53 

hi,

try this link, for downloading acrobat reader 6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 08:03:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 21:38:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 22:16:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 04:26:05 

hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 09:57:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:11:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 19:58:34 

Hello Blade
I can see you use the conical piston in your front shocks, in which direction is the larger hole and how does it works? Are kyosho springs softer than xray spring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 00:23:52 

The 0-2' anti squat is not exact. Like the Mugen car, it's just an estimate. If you put the #1 down (0'), the arms are not perfectly parallel with the chassis, so it is realy more then 0'. Meaning the #1 up (2') may be slightly more then 2 degrees.

Just try the different possibilities (as well as the .5's) to see what works best on your track. You will feel the difference on this car. 8)

Post subject: set-up
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 19:00:28 

hey guys i need a good set-up for a small indoor track {smooth good traction lots of tight turns mid size jumps} any help would be appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 07:57:26 

large hole facing down.......
using with 60 in the front and 40 in the back....
seems to be working pretty well.....
but the smallest changes do make a difference on this car....
and for small tight track try 3 or 4k oil in front 7k in center stock overall set up....
green kyosho springs in front reds in back
1.3mm pistons all around 35 in front 30 in rear.......
hubs in rear forward....if the car seems to loose..drop to 5k or 4k in center diff....
but do only one change at a time..... :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 00:14:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 23:53:35 

Hello.

I first I'd like to congrtulate XRAY for these great kit. It's my first buggy, but it's my 6th model, and defenetly, the best in finishing, materials and assenbly.
Just finished the assembly and download some setup's. While trying to setup my car noticed that the front droop, doesn't go lower than 30, but most of you use it about 20. Are you making any modification in the front upright or lower arm to permit so much droop?

Tkx. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 05:15:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 00:28:05 

what are the advantages of more front and rear down travel? are there any drawbacks? also how do i get more rear downtravel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 00:44:22 

you wont need anymore rear downtravel

XB8 has plenty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 00:58:24 

read step 10. 8)

More front down travel will give more steering and handle the bumps and jumps better - no disadvantages to this mod other then maybe traction rollong on cement tracks such as the track in Sweden.

Post subject: shock holes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 15:37:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 07:59:49 

Hi, I ran my car at the local track(small, lots of quick tight turns) here is a vid of the track. http://www.teamkaos.ca/video/benandmike.wmv The first time I ran the car I had the box stock setup on it and it seemed to handle quite well and turn very quickly and precisely. The only thing was that it was getting tossed around a little on the straight(a little bumpy) So the next time out I put Gene's setup on the car exactly, except for the stock sway bars and stock diff oil. I trimmed the front arms for more droop and went thicker on the shock oil. Now the car is wicked down the straight away!! You can take your finger off the wheel and matt the gas and it will go perfectly down the track. But now, if you look at the video. On the end of the straight away there is a left hand corner then a jump. To make that left hand corner I have to pretty much slam on the brakes and almost come to a stop?? Whats the deal with that? Shouldn't Gene's setup give more initial steering than the stock setup? Do I have less initial steering now because I now have 3 degrees of tow in the back instead of the 2 degrees on the stock setup? Just wondering if you guys could help me out with this. next time out I want to kick some serious butt!!! Thanks for your help in advance :wink: I now my steering is set right. It goes lock to lock, droop is equal on booth sides, camber caster is all equal. No issues there, I spend lots of time making it just right :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 09:02:36 

wow good race

thats quite the rutty track yall have there.......our is much smoother, and hard as all get out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next