[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3 2012 rubber spec: setup suggestion

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 22:14:55

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3 2012 rubber spec: setup suggestion
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57:54 

Hi guys, newbie here. Im into scale and rock crawling rc for 6 yrs. but i have no exPerience in touring. Im needing your help on how to setup of t3 2012 rubber spec. Im asking for suggestions on upgrade parts, esc, motors, servo and all that need to be the best setup it can be. No limit in budget. Pls help. Thank you

Post subject: Re: T3 2012 rubber spec: setup suggestion
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 19:19:14 

ko propo 2413 is a very good choice for a servo
lipo from Thunder Power 5300 7,4v is great,its got some burst and its very very light!

about the motor and speedo it depands in which class you want to drive
probobly you will drive in a club or sth
ask for what classes are there and whats forbiden and whats not

but if you are starting this tour with T3 cars choose the slowest avaliable class to learn how to drive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 00:05:27 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 14:42:51 

this can be good
but put 2s battery and thats all
about gearing it depands from the track

i had 6.16 with boosted 13.5(using timing)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 02:26:21 

Thanks. how can i adjust the timing of tekin redline to boosted? sorry this is new to me.

and i have a Futaba BLS 351 and BLS 352. are these good servo for touring? whats the advantage of ko propo 2413? (i order one already)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:32:06 

I would start with a stanard setup use online rubber and once you are driving cleanly adjust setup.

With the Tekin esc the power delivery can be harsh if using high settings. I suggets starting mild then once you are comfortable with the power gradually increasing boost, and lowering gearing to manage heat. NB if gearing to low will result in very high rpm and this can also create excessive heat..

suggested starting point
boost 25 start rpm 4500 end rpm 13000
turbo 10 ramp 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 04:51:21 

Check out Tekin's guide to tuning the RS: http://teamtekin.com/hotwire_RS.html

I have always found the stock T3 kit setup to be very forgiving and easy to drive; a great starting point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 01:42:44 

Hi Painter,

I have an RS Pro and have used Redline motors in the past (10.5) but not currently. Your kit is fine for TC racing!

As already stated, kit settings is an OK place to start and indeed I have found that with the ‘12 I have made very minor changes to the kit settings compared with previous XRAY cars. Which is not to say you cannot improve the car with changes for your driving style and/or track but as a starting point you will almost certainly find it will drive very well for you.

The powertrain is more problematical. The first thing you should do is make sure you have a temperature gun so that you can check the motor temp. Any significant change in settings or gearing could blow your motor, especially of you are already borderline on temperature. So if you do make a significant change, run the car for no more than say 1.5 mins then pull over and check the temp; repeat until you come of the track.

There are two schools of thought on gearing/timing setup. Gear high (low FDR no.) and use less timing; gear low and pile on the timing. As far as I can see there is no obvious clear answer; apart from seeing what other drivers at your circuit do.

I think you will find that the FDR for your 13.5 will fall somewhere between low 6s and low 7s.

I started my X12 13.5 at around 7.1 but surprisingly (to me) I have ended up with 6.28 seeming to be the optimum. Surprising because on the same track I run my X12 10.5 at between 8.9 and 9.1 depending… Conversely I tried a GM 13.5 motor earlier this year and started around 6.2(as recommended) but found that for me 6.9/7.0 was better.

You really do have to experiment and test!

Don’t forget that the basic principle of timing speedos is that you can use a lower gear ratio than you would have done with previous generations of speedos, to get good infield acceleration but then compensate for the lower ratio on the straightaways by adding on timing. Of course how you do that is where the art/science/experience comes in 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 02:36:39 

thank you so much guys. although this is all new to me, but im learning. i already finish my t3 assembling and followed all the stock configurations found in the manual., found out i need to get a pinion. what pinion can you recommend for 13.5 t motor and stock gearing of my kit? thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 15:15:30 

Hi Painter,

You should have gear ratio chart for you '12 in your box; if not you can download it from here...

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/showfi ... le_id=6101

I think the spur that came with your kit is 84T - it will be printed on one side of the spur. Given the likely optimum Final Drive Ratio (FDR) for your 13.5 will be between low 6s and low 7s I suggest you start at say 6.5/6.6; you will need eventually to buy several pinions !

If you look at your gear chart, which will be headed "38T/20T PULLEYS (ratio 1.9)", you need the two boxes on the left which are for 48 pitch spur gears, which is what you have. So for an 84T spur you will see that a 24T pinion will give you an FDR of 6.65. On that basis you want to buy a 24T 48 pitch pinion. If you can talk to people at your local track who use your make of motor you may get a consensus on what the best FDR is for that motor and maybe buy a 23T or a 25T instead. Do bear in mind though, that there is no one simple answer to the best FDR for you. Just your driving style alone may lead you to a different optimum FDR at your track compared with someone else.

HTH