[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:24:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:45:52 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 18:48:23 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 22:49:17 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 21:24:33 

Hello!
Paul, please tell us more about your setup on the warm up.
We all read your comments on the setup sheet, but still want to detail.
Have you used the New servo mount 306220??
whether we understand what you tried to shift the center of gravity is slightly to the rear of the model?
Why? What was the result?
whether we understand that the downstop 4 front and 4.5 rear?
do you use 0.5mm shims under all lower suspension blocks
with 2 мм chassis in this set up?
Do you use ESC in front?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 16:59:26 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 23:34:10 

What chassis thickness is the team using now?

What might be the benefit using one over another?

Look forward to your response!

Thanksl

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 19:32:56 

hi, i ordered my t3 12 2mm chassis and 1.6mm topdeck today, just wondered whether you have to put 0.5mm shims under all bulkheads or just under the suspension mounts??? i also have 1 piece front rear mount. Do you set car up any different or just start with +- 0 roll centers??? Running 13.5 on sorex rubber, asphalt
help help help would be great
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 23:23:30 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 23:32:05 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 16:52:29 

Hey Paul, I have one question for you. I have a T3 2012 (17.5 Blinky setup) that's been dialed in perfectly for running on the carpet at Mike's Hobby Shop. Three weeks from now I plan to race this car at the Finals of Texas EOS in Porter, TX. The Porter track is designed for 1/8 scale on-road and it has wider lanes, larger diameter turns, and a 200+ foot long back straight. My T3 '12 has a Reedy Sonic 17.5 and a Tekin RS Pro. For carpet racing my motor has a 45T pinion and the car has a 96T spur, so my FDR is near 4.0. I am thinking about putting in a bigger pinion gear in for the Porter race. How big is too big when it comes to pinion gears?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 18:28:30 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35:56 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 04:13:14 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 23:39:08 

Hi guys & girls

Is there any settings available for the T4's new shocks as I cant find any & cant really go by the T3 set up book as the T3's use the holes system & not the

3 holes 1.0 / 1.1 & 1.2
4 holes 1.0 / 1.2 & 1.2

Please help in this matter

Best Regards Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 17:03:45 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 15:21:59 

Hi Paul

I wonder if you could help me. I have a Xray T4 and i'm having a problem witch keeps happening. I've been making most of the A main finals in major events. but i'm having a problem with the car loosing cornering speed in tight chicanes & hairpins when the grip comes up.My car is excellent in low grip conditions but when the grip comes up the car gets slow and lap times start to drop. i know its because the grip has come up, that the car is stopping in tight corners. How can i maintain cornering speed or dial out the grip with out loosing to much grip please help thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 18:22:35 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05:00 

Hi Paul/others

During racing this week i was experiencing issues and was wondering if you could provide suggesitons. Its a small indoor track, on the tight hairpins at the end of the main straight and longer straights i was struggling with the car pushing and having to brake to get the car round so i was loosing lots of corenering speed. But then in the sweeping corners it would also push if to fast but then if i let off power the car would come round on me. info XRAY T4 450 oil front and back, 2.7 F 2.5 R springs, 1.5 camber all round, 1 deg toe out on front. Highish roll centre set up i.e medium length links front and rear. 1mm inner and outer spacer on links at front. no space on inner and 4mm outer at rear. 2000 cst oil in rear diff.

Hope this is enough information

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 19:04:10 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:54:42 

Thanks Paul, i have put the diff in as that was my next point of call ive used 500,000 cst oil is that correct? my other thoughts was maybe 2deg caster blocks at the front? ive noticed alex etc have been running softer springs/oil in the front but also using ant dive i take it this is for similar reasons but using the anti dive to stop the car rolling/front compressing to much to much?

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next