[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB9 ---Buggy General Forum---

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 23:29:54

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: XB9
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25:19 

Hi Reno

Congratulations on a great race.And hope that they just get better for you with the XB9 and the RB combination. 8) :D 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 23:04:18 

Hi,

I got mine today and all I can say after having a first 'one minute look' inside is ... awesome parts' quality! Especially the side guards and the (new blend?) wing material. :!: :)
Hopefully the season will kick off pretty soon over here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 03:43:22 

Hi every one, I am thinking to make a switch from Mugen to Xray

First to all, I am happy with my Cars, no at all whit the service that it has in my country

I am reading and asking in other forum, some people said that the only big issue with the xray Buggies on the past was the shock performance

What you can said about that? and are there a XB9 own that can said something about the car after test it?
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 22:33:00 

Hi,

since the red O-rings are being used, the shocks are sealed pretty well. Performance was never really a problem. They worked great. Yet I don't know which O-rings are used for the XB9 (have to start building it ... hopefully soon :-)) but if others than the red ones I think those would be at least as well as the red O-rings.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:28:06 

I still have 1 brand new 2011 car, built but never run. the last one i am running just keeps going and is showing little sign of wear. Do you guys think the XB9 is a big leap forward from the 2011?? I love my 2011, i think it is a great car, it is doing really well in the club races here where i live. Just not 100% sure on jumping into the XB9 whilst i still have a brand new 2011 to run still?? Any ideas?
Cheers
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:06:46 

Post subject: Savöx issues
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 21:00:54 

Hi.

I'm in the middle of building my XB9. When I mounted the Savöx throttle servo (without any COMPOSITE STEERING SERVO HOLDERs) the servo sits waaaay to high. I think its suppose the sit 1mm above the skid plate but mine is approx. 3mm above it. As you can see on one af the pictures, the throttle linkage is messed up...

I mounted a Futaba servo for steering also without COMPOSITE STEERING SERVO HOLDERs. That height are correct. If I mounted a Savöx servo, I would have the same issues as with the throttle servo.

I think the servo mounting areas are 3 mm too high.

Please help

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 21:29:18 

this is a Problem with the Savöx Servos - they are "higher" and a little "shorter" than for example a Sanwa servo.

They do not fit perfekt in the XB9 but they fit. You just need a different (deeper) servo arm so that the linkage runs straight and does not touch the body of the car

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 21:33:15 

yes mine was the same with spektrum servos,you need a 'stepped' arm so the linkage sits lower,or a low profile arm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 21:46:41 

Thanks guys. I guess I wouldn't be able to the feel the little higher CG :wink:

Do you have a link or partnumber for such arm?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 22:00:24 

no sorry i dont,i used a plastic dynamite arm,the one that comes as a throttle kit.

im guessing something like this would work?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 00:49:24 

I had to lower the radio plate of the 808 2009 by 4mm in order to use the Vortex (housing like Savöx) servos with rubbers. There was 0.5mm space between the steering servo and the plates but that was enough. No marks on the servo. Also without those rubbers the Vortex sits too high. Before buying a stepped servo horn I would try if the straightened linkage touches the servo on top or not. If it touches the top of the servo you also could lift the center diff as last step in addition.

It's quite a mess with all those different heights from the lower edge of the mounts to the upper edge of the outdrive gear on the servos.

Just compare this housing to a Savöx or a Hitec.

Last edited by Green Wing on Thu Mar 08, 2012 13:18:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 00:57:47 

if you lift the diff it will make the angle of the front driveshaft even more steep as well as raising the cofg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 01:14:14 

Yes, but the last possible step when using no 'direct fit' servos. Not a good one though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 23:16:47 

Will there be different coloured rear wings for the XB9? Just that I can fit the painting a little bit in case there'll be 'just' a black one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 23:57:40 

i see white online Xray XB9 Rear Wing (White)
XR353511

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 00:08:14 

I removed 2 mm from the throttle servo posts on the rc-plate. With that and the alu Hudy arm the Savöx servo will sit 100% correct.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 15:58:33 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 16:03:11 

Just building my XB9

When you get to the Servo Saver section on page 24.
It tells you to pre load the spring to 10 mm
That has to be an error with the measurement.If you were to pre load.
When you guys were building you Buggy what did you set the Pre Load on that spring Please ?
If you could help me out that would be great.

Thank You

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 16:08:05 

i would say i have about 10mm of thread showing below the nut..so the bottom of the nut is about 12mm off the chassis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next