[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3 rear toe in issue

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 18:31:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3 rear toe in issue
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:51:18 

I have noticed that the toe in on the rear of the T3 is different from one side to the other. Using the standard 1.5mm spacers on the rear of the rear suspension arm, when measuring the toe in with a setup staion the measurement may vary up to 1 degree, with the left side usually measuring less toe than the right side. Kit 1.5mm measures up to 3.5 degrees toe in on the right, and only around 2.5 on the left . To get the measurement the same, up to 1mm extra spacer may be needed on the left side
Now I have experienced this on my first car, a t3r, my second one, a t3 11 and two other that I race with report the same issue from the box, so crash damage or anything to cause it. We have tried three separate setup stations and the measurements are the same across all three setup stations.
Is this an issue with the axle alignment to the car, or something others have experienced?

Post subject: Re: T3 rear toe in issue
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 13:15:45 

Don't have a T3 but over the years I have never experienced this with my T1s and T2s. I could imagine a smidgen of difference, say half the width of one of the lines on the setup guage but not a degree!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 13:21:02 

Hi guys, I had the same problem with almost a 0.5° different toe angle left to right.Then I got the 1 Piece Rear Suspension Holder (Prt Nr. 302048-O) from a friend.Now everythings perfect.(with the rear-toe angle).

Mike. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 17:31:36 

This also could happen with the one-piece pin carrier holder. The reason therefore is the suspension pin design or the pin carrier design. It's easier to change the suspension pin design for sure. Once you ran a 1mm shim or thicker in the rear rear with no shim in the rear front and you tightened the carrier screws, those screws bend every time because of the alu sleeve inside the carrier don't allow any flex of the holder (which would be a bad thing in another way). If you further use these same screws (no matter if low or high rear toe from then on) you will end up in altering settings regarding on (anti) squat and toe (in). This is because you never stop the screw at the very same position as it once was seated. The solution is to look around and ask if someone could make (or make them on your own) suspension pins designed like these:

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads ... aOpt-2.jpg

I contacted Martin because of this but still waiting for an answer. No problem ...

So long you have to use new screws EVERYTIME you disassembled your pin holders. The bent screws also are the main reason for a stuck or non-smooth suspension traveling in case that issue appears the one or the other time.

I have made them and now it performs with precision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 21:25:17 

Check the non-countersunk holes for the individual suspension mounts in front of the rear arms. The indexing holes for the suspension mounts are not inline on the chassis that came in my kit. The left (drivers side) mount ends up rotated while the passenger side mount runs parallel with the centerline of the car.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30:11 

I have always found slight differences on the T2 and T3's, usually the left side has lower toe, and needs a small shim (0.35mm) to even it out.

I even suspected the setup station for a while, but measuring in another way did prove (with straight-edges on setup wheels) that it was the chassis.