[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - New T3 Geardiff installed

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 18:13:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New T3 Geardiff installed
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 23:35:39 

I have used the standard 52mm rear diveshafts and run anything up to 2.5deg of rear camber and it doesn't stick at all.

Are you sure you guys have built the gear diff correctly?

Skiddins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 22:59:19 

Today I have driven my gear diff for the first time.
I recognized oil on the rear belt after one run. I cleaned it but there is again oil after one run (~10-15mins @ 17,5T with medium Power Programm). I dont see a big leakage but this shouldnt be this way, right?

When building I had some problems to keep the o-ring where it should because you have to turn the housing with the o-ring and it drops out some times. Any tipps on this? Should I put some grease where the o-ring belongs, e.g. green slime?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 23:10:00 

it shouldnt be like this
put o-ring on another housing
buy more o-rings
you will need them
everytime you open the geardiff you will have to change this big o-rin(24x.07)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 14:31:39 

All I recall about building my geardiff was that I used oil on the O-ring before I tried to fit it.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 14:05:51 

Indeed I didnt use oil on the big o-ring.
I guess the o-ring is not sitting correctly.

Should I open the diff without having an o-ring at hand?
I mean is the o-ring maybe damage and I cant run it without a new o-ring?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 14:16:28 
team driver

I don't use the O-ring, and my diff doesn't leak. It is important that the paper-seal is correct in place.

You should open the diff and check it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 15:40:24 

Bad luck to me: seems I have overtighten the screws because I cannot loosen one screw. Unfortunately the head is already round. Even which inch tooling its not possible. Any tip on this?
I guess it will get expensive now...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 15:56:00 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 16:58:19 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 17:56:18 

Thanks guys for your advices. Even putting the diff in the freezer for one hour didnt help.
Tried also the torx srewdriver but was already to round. Now I used the dremel and made a slotted screw out of it.
Now I got it loose :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 18:27:46 

So I made a picture of the diff after I have opened it.
The gasket is now in the top housing.
The o-ring is on the bottom housing.
Despite there is a lot of oil around i dont see any obvious problem!?

Do you do?

Attachments:
Bottom housing.jpg
Bottom housing.jpg [ 227.55 KiB | Viewed 4403 times ]
Top housing.jpg
Top housing.jpg [ 240.86 KiB | Viewed 4403 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 19:32:14 

it shouldnt be like this....
i have this problem too :<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 01:44:38 

Can anyone tell me the diff oil weight they use in the gear diff? I heard a couple of you guys running 700. Is that ok? What's the suggested range in diff oil weights?

BTW I am using the 'other' brand gear diff, not Xray. The one with the square paper gasket. (Spec-R)

sidecarphil:

How are you using putty? I have used putty in off-road to slow the gears down but how are you using it? In the gears or as a way of stopping any leaking?

The Spec-R is conSIDerably heavier - 10 grams. That's no joke. They both use plastic parts. Where does the weight come from?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 02:41:51 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 09:22:59 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:34:26 

Hi, the Xray Gear diff works on a T2 009 ?¿?¿

Thanks and regards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 18:28:07 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:51:14 

Hi

It looks to me that the O-ring was trapped and was not seated correctly / moved out of position during assembly. This is the likely reason for the "kinks". It is quite easy to trap the O-ring during assembly IMO.

You need to use a new O-ring each time - old ones stretch and it is impossible to get them to seat properly.
I "stick" the O-ring in place with a thin layer of silicone grease prior to assembly. Using 900CSt oil makes the O-ring slippery and it can slide out of position as you assemble the diff halves.

HTH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 01:40:13 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 14:09:15 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next