[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Basic CARPET Set-Up. As published on the XRay website

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 09:25:37

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Basic CARPET Set-Up. As published on the XRay website
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 19:36:59 

Hi all,

I'm coming from touringcar racing and am considering pancar racing. So I have some questions.
I am interested in World GT racing, EFRA rules, 1S LiPo, 10.5T motor.

What do you guys think of the XRay basic carpet setup? To start with.
Or should I already make some changes?

Think I am taking into consideration:
- it says centre shock absorber 50% rebound. I am not a fan of rebound in general. Never used it when I raced touringcars. What do you think?
- oil 350cst, I think that's about 30WT. A bit on the soft side? XRay suggest to use it also on the side shock absorber. Is that good?
- front springs. The softest, gold, are used. Again, a bit on the soft side? (for a carpet set up)
- as to downstop of the pod, that is the increase and the decrease. At what values to set that?
- using shock up travel limiters to limit the pod decrease, as to avoid the chassisplate scraping the track?
- in the basic setup it says side springs "standard". Don't know what that is. Any good?
- tyre diamter: the standard setup suggests rear 53 and front 52. I looked at some setupsheets from guys. And what I saw is that they all use a larger tyre diameter. How to go about as to this issue? So if one would start with 53/52 new tyres would have to be trued up front. Is that wise? What is the diameter of a new tyre anyways?

Other things:
- in the kit there is a 96t/64p spur. It that usable? Is it maybe better to switch to 48p?
- what brand of spurs and pinions best to use?
- what spur and pinion best to start with, on mixed carpet track? (I mean how many teeth)
- what roll-out best to start with? (40-something or so)
- any preferences as to tyres, as to brand and shore? I am considering Mobgums from Mobers tyres. As to shore, I'm spitballing here, 32 shore rear and 37 front or so?
- as to tyre treatment. Where I come from Speedtech foam liquid (Mobers) is used a lot indoors and outdoors. Any suggestions?
- from my touringcar period I have a left over can of Corally Asphalt Jack TC5. On the label it says it gives maximum grip on outdoor tracks. Is it any good on carpet tracks. Some people say it is, some say it isn't.
- anything to say on the issue of viscosity of the tyre additive? In relations to temperature and so on.

What items to buy up front, as to:
- spurs
- pinions
- mounting plate risers
- shock oil
other things

What about a tire truer? That is somewhat of an investment. Do they normally have one at a track that everyone can use?

I see there is diffgrease in the kit. Is it any good?

In my touringcar period I used Associated sillicone grease part no. 6636. I used it because it is not so thick as all other diffgreases. Subsequently the diff was smoother. On the downside: the diff needed a bit more maintenance. Could I use this diffgrease for the X10? Of course I would use the one in the kit first. But I have quite an amout of AE grease laying around. And I don't want to let it go to waste.

What will be the main differences between a carpet setup and an asphalt/tarmac setup with the X10 Link?