[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - LiPo battery configuration

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 05:26:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: LiPo battery configuration
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:47:08 

Can a 2S saddlepack be fitted in the XRay X10 Link?
I fear that is not the case.
Is't that a disadvantage? Not on carpet tracks it's not, but outdoors on asphalt/tarmac it might be.
Theory would suggest that more weight at the back would give you more traction when accelerating out of the turn. Theory also says that one will get more steering entering the turn and in the middle of the turn as weight will move forwards.
Some drivers tell me that with saddlepacks the car is much more responsive when cornering than with a 2S stickpack in the middle along the centreline of the car, on asphalt/tarmac that is. I think that in conclusion one can say that when designing the car, racing on low/medrium grip asphalt/tarmac tracks wasn't on the designteam mind at XRay's.

Anyone have experience with the car with 2S stickpack and racing outdoors on large tracks, asphalt, tarmac and with low or medium grip?

I am considering buying the Corally 10SL because this car can handle stickpack and saddlepack battery configurations.
In The Netherlands guys race stickpack indoors on carpet and saddlepack outdoors on asphalt/tarmac. It looks as if that is the way to go.

In doing so one can anticipate on different trackconditions. Not to mention the fact that Corally has its 200mm en 235mm cars of the 10SL. As to the 235mm version: it's a real 235mm car, not a 200mm car with some or other extensionkit.

Post subject: Re: LiPo battery configuration
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 21:48:53 

I raced my X10 with a 2cell on asphalt. Had no problems at all. Set the track record for laps and best individual lap. I can't compare it to a saddle pack though. The class rules limited us to a stick pack.

I would like to see a pic of a saddle pack in the X10 link. I can see it fitting nicely in the t-bar but unsure of how it would go in the link.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 22:44:06 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 23:56:56 

Yes, the link. Racing under SCAR rules we run 25.5 brushless motor, 2400mAh lipo (stick). Race weight is 1030g. I have weight on the right side of the car to balance it out and to get to the min weight so that works out just fine. Track was medium/high grip depending on the weather. Tires are Jaco or CRC WGT spec tires. I have no idea on the shore rating on these.

I was the only Xray in the field of CRC's. I run the same setup for indoor carpet. More people are switching to local WGT rules of 17.5 1cell with boost so the 2cell racing may be dead by next summer :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 00:11:09 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 19:41:19 

Post subject: LiPo battery configuration
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29:05 

When using 2S Stickpack the esc has to move to the side of the car.
I find that kind of a disadvantage as to weightdistribution.
Yes one can fade that out by adding lead on the other side.
That's OK if the race ready weight of the car stays at or just around the minimum weight as to regulations.
But if your car is already at that weight without the balancingweight there is a bit of a problem.
In such case there would be no need to add weight because of the total weight of the car but because you need to balance the car.
At cost that the car is getting too heavy. Somewhat of a dilemma.

When using 1S Lipo, is it possible to place the esc in front of the Lipo? In doing so all of the weight is placed in the middle of the car along the centreline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18:49 

2 s stickpack and electronics to the sides, yes there will be a small amount of grams more on one side... I am not sure it will do any harm to the car, ofcource as you get better and better you perhaps will sense that there is a small weight diff? To be sure place some weight on one side to balance the car, the small amount of extra weight will not hurt.

You could go with 2s shorty packs LIPO, these are starting to come out from makers such as it is shorter 2s lipo hard case(95x46,5x25mm) Maybe there will be room enough to put the electronics infront of it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:48:41 

The 1S Lipos nowadays a much shorter than 2S.
As to the X10 Link, does the esc fit in front of the 1S LiPo then?
Anybody have any experience with that?

I really want to know. Because I am maybe going to spend a truckload of hard earned money on RC-stuff.
For sure I don't want to come to the conclusion after receiving the goods, that things aren't the way I thought they would be.
Resulting in returning goods or do additional purchases that cost extra money.

All of this because I am thinking of going racing World GT with 1S LiPo and 10.5T motor (EFRA-rules)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 14:35:43 

With 1cell I would put the esc behind the lipo closest to the motor. This would provide the same center weight ratio your looking for but give you shorter wire to the motor, thus less weight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 16:08:51 

Thanks!
Very interesting point of view. Didn't think of that yet.
Would my LRP SXX Stock Spec fit under the centre shock? (height 21.3mm)
And what if it's necessary to put a coolingfan on the esc? A couple of mm have to be added to the height than (7.2mm, the original LRP fan). Maybe it is all water under the bridge. I just read a X10 review on XRay's website where it says it weighs 866 grams. Can that be true? Foxy 923 states on this forum (see his pic) that his car weighs 1,030g. Sounds more realistic to me. On the hk-modellbau site it says: ready-to-run weight: 1050g - 4 Cells incl. BL system (varies depending on equipment used).
Funny thing: the guy in the review on the XRay website who built the car used a 1S Lipo moved it to the front of the car and place the esc left of the Lipo. Don't quite understand. I would have expected it between the Lipo and the motor.
Minimum weight at Euro GT 1S 10.5T at the European Pan Series is 930 grams, incl PT.
If 866g can be done then the need to put the esc as close to the motor as possible is not that urgent, because of the 930g minimum weight rule of EPS. If the ready-to-run weight is about 1,030 or 1,050g (again, sounds more realistic to me) than it might be the way to go and place the esc between the LiPo and the motor. The two advantages than would be: al te "heavy equipement" in one line along the centreline of the car and less weight of the wires because they can be shorter. But only if the esc fits under the centreshock and if a coolingfan can be put on it. Both I don't now if possible. Anyone any experience on that matter?

And what about the weight of the servo? I have a Savöx SC-1257TG. It weighs 56.3g, including servosaver and with short wiring.
I see that there are servos that are regular seize, low profile servos and 1:12 servos.
Regular seize servos are about 53g, low profile servos are about 45g and 1:12 servos are about 25g.
What would be best for X10?
Can 1:12 servos be used on this car?

Something else. From TC I know that there are lightweight bodies. Are these available for 1/10th pan car also?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 16:28:34 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 16:40:58 

[PDF]
X10 Link Review in Xtreme RC Cars (USA - Xray
www.teamxray.com/teamxray/showfile.php?file... - Vertaal deze pagina
Bestandsformaat: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Snelle weergave
Time to test the ol' reflexes. XRAY x10 pan car words: carl hyndman | photos: carl ... Alfa Romeo cars aren't imported into the USA, but this car is. 02. 03 .... 1:10 performancetest. xraY x10 pan car. Acceleration and speed • Foam tires on carpet ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 16:41:59 

Thanks!
Very interesting point of view. Didn't think of that yet.
Would my LRP SXX Stock Spec fit under the centre shock? (height 21.3mm)
And what if it's necessary to put a coolingfan on the esc? A couple of mm have to be added to the height than (7.2mm, the original LRP fan). And what about the movement of the pod? Maybe it is all water under the bridge. I just read a X10 review on XRay's website where it says it weighs 866 grams. Can that be true? Foxy 923 states on this forum (see his pic) that his car weighs 1,030g. Sounds more realistic to me. On the hk-modellbau site it says: ready-to-run weight: 1050g - 4 Cells incl. BL system (varies depending on equipment used).
Funny thing: the guy in the review on the XRay website who built the car used a 1S Lipo moved it to the front of the car and place the esc left of the Lipo. Don't quite understand. I would have expected it between the Lipo and the motor.
Minimum weight at Euro GT 1S 10.5T at the European Pan Series is 930 grams, incl PT.
If 866g can be done then the need to put the esc as close to the motor as possible is not that urgent, because of the 930g minimum weight rule of EPS. If the ready-to-run weight is about 1,030 or 1,050g (again, sounds more realistic to me) than it might be the way to go and place the esc between the LiPo and the motor. The two advantages than would be: al te "heavy equipement" in one line along the centreline of the car and less weight of the wires because they can be shorter. But only if the esc fits under the centreshock and if a coolingfan can be put on it. Both I don't now if possible. Anyone any experience on that matter?

And what about the weight of the servo? I have a Savöx SC-1257TG. It weighs 56.3g, including servosaver and with short wiring.
I see that there are servos that are regular seize, low profile servos and 1:12 servos.
Regular seize servos are about 53g, low profile servos are about 45g and 1:12 servos are about 25g.
What would be best for X10?
Can 1:12 servos be used on this car?

Something else. From TC I know that there are lightweight bodies. Are these available for 1/10th pan car also?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 17:19:48 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 17:51:35 

Thanks for the info.
So a 1:12 servo fits for the XRay X10 Link.

I see they are all servos that pull lower kilos. Is that a problem?

Any preferences as to servosaver?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 17:54:47 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 20:19:29 

So the JR z3650 servo is the XRay servo?
Or is that another one?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 21:30:14 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 22:09:33 

I understand.
Sorry.
My bad.
I did not read your message very well.
Does the XRay X10 Link come with a servosaver in the kit?