[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - New to Xray -- Questions on M18T Pro

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 15:25:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: New to Xray -- Questions on M18T Pro
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43:19 

Hi, I am planning to buy a M18T Pro. May I know :
1) Is Hitec HS62 fit? Will the original Hitec servo horn fit?
2) Is the kit body a painted one or I need to paint it myself?
3) Except a servo and lipo, what stuff I should get to make it a run? I have a Mamba Micro Pro with 8000kv and CM26 motors. I also have 2.4Gz system
4) I also consider a M18 Pro, and would like to know if its motor mount is same as M18T Pro. My target is to make these 2 with CM26 motors.
If you can refer some links to me, it will be a big help.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New to Xray -- Questions on M18T Pro
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 16:05:35 

I believe the HS62 is smaller and has a smaller shaft, I am running a HS5084.

Only the RTR kit has a pre painted body, the Pro has not.

So you have the motor, ESC and receiver, indeed a battery and servo is needed and ofcourse a charger.

I can not tell if the mount is the same, download the manuals of both cars and look if the mounting and partnumbers are the same.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 00:31:39 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 04:55:21 

Thank you all your reply. Yes I have made mistake on Servo no. I do have a HS5085MG, but I am not sure if I need to get a HSG-5084 which dimension is same.

I will download the I/M again, and I am quite sure M18MT can fit CM26 motor.

I have ordered the M18Tpro yesterday and should get it in a month. When getting it, will seek help for some hop up suggestions.

I plan to have speed run, so should I better get Foam tyre or just stick to stock one? Any advice will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 06:48:35 

You can use a 85.

Try the kit foams then see if you need to soften or harden for your surface. Quick suggestion to make the life longer, put a beat of CA on the outside wall of the front tire. Not on the foam surface where it touches the ground, the foam next to the rim on the side.

If your planning on speed runs with the m18t pro, get the xray metal pinions. Dont forget to break in your diffs before doing your speed runs like the directions say.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:51:41 

Thank you again for the info :

1) If using Hitec 85, will the original Servo saver/Servo Horn compatible, or I need to buy some extra part?
2) For Foam Tyre, should I need to buy #385350 M18T Conversion Wheel Hubs for Foam Tires?
3) Would you suggest the Foam Tyre Front and Rear Part no. to me so that I can communicate the exact thing with LHS? I like Black Color (Is it #359863 and #3895634?)

Thanks a lot !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 01:41:57 

1. Yes

2. No, Unless your wanting to use 1/10th Touring Car Foam tires, then yes.

3. I'm not sure what you are asking. Those part numbers do not match up seemingly?

Is it something on this page your referring to?
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/produc ... M18T%20PRO

If your asking for foam suggestions, it depends on the surface you plan on running on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 07:59:21 

Still need some suggestions :
1) I want to buy a wheelie bar. Any suggestion and link?
2) If only speed run in pavement, better use higher or lower degree foam tyre?

I am consider M18 pro, and also thinking if it is suitable for street. There is no pro-assigned course that I can play only on pavement. If not, I will take a M18MT then.

Tks for advice in advance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 08:52:17 

You want the stiffest shore possible for speed runs on asphalt.

Get these

These are the m18t version, you can get the M18MT version if you want, as that will give you a higher rollout, but for a speed run, you want to be as close to the ground as possible and those larger tires may make it harder to gear (as in you will have to use too small a pinion to increase the torque over RPMS to get moving/not overheat). You can also use 1/10th Sedan foams if you buy the hex adapters.

The M18 Pro will only work well on very smooth and clean asphalt. If your running on a regular street, go for the T. There are no wheelie bars for it. Possibly you could adapt another brand?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:32:09 

Thank you for this useful information. I will order it immediately now.

Sorry I have too many question :
1) Mainly for Speed Run : any good way to lower the chassis for better stability?
2) I check M18T spare part, and cannot find a part no for PAINTED body. Is it not available?

Tks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 21:16:01 

Buy some extra o-rings and put them inside the shock. Below the piston on the shaft. Like 2 front and rear. Then use less spring collars to lower springs. Use the black springs and stiffest sway bars as well. Also use thicker shock oil.

The M18T Pro is longer than the normal M18T body. So you cant use the pre-painted bodies from the RTR M18T.

Here are the o-rings in question.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 06:11:43 

Thanks again for the information.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 06:10:34 

Finally I also buy the #385350 Conversion kit.

I know it is for 1/10 Touring car Foam Tyre. I go to Tower Hobbies, and found this page http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... EARCH=jaco

There are so many options ...... May I get hints of how to identify which ones are compatible? That is, I should look for what info to ensure it fits or it does not fit to M18T pro?

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:23:31 

Any of them as 1/10th TC use a standard hex system.
(Sorry for delay on the answer, even though I have been watching this section, I didnt read the date of last posting)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 18:10:45 

Assembled it, and very precise. Would like to get advice:
1) my rear wheel is a bit inward, and would like to know if I made it correct
2) I am running 3S and 6800kv motor. Would like to know pinion gear suggestion. I am looking for speed.
3) I bought 4 touring car front foam tyres, and would like to know if I should buy the wider foam tyre for the rear.
Any advice will be much appreciate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 23:21:09 

1. Toe-In? Yes, it has toe-in.

2. Probably a 12 tooth to start.

3. Not needed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 19:44:04 

Hi Mini Me, tks for advice. I will folllow.
Still 1 issue : It is with metal spur, and I follow your previous advice to use metal pinion, but not Xray one but Kawada Alumi. 5 minutes then the pinion is damaged but spur keeps good condition. Should I use plastic one or get xray metal pinion? Just worried the metal vs metal set up will wear the spur anf pinion gear.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 03:31:02 

Shouldn't need the metal spur unless your doing some really dusty racing.

Xray Pinions are imperial 48 pitch. All other brands are .5 modular. They aren't the same which explains why your pinion destroyed itself.

I would only use the Xray metal pinions for the truck. Not the plastic. Also, again shouldn't need a metal spur for most situations.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 08:24:28 

tks for reply :
1) OK I will install the plastic spur
2) I know difference between 0.5 and 48P. The one I used is a common one for Traxxas mini. would u give me the link for Xray metal pinion?
tks n u are very helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 01:39:40 

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/produc ... PRO%20LiPo

All the different pinion options are on that page. :D

(scroll down)