[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Zepplin T3 Chassis

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 17:06:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Zepplin T3 Chassis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 21:03:24 

Anyone tried using this option, what are your thoughts?

Mike

Post subject: Re: Zepplin T3 Chassis
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 18:52:55 

first i thought it is less tough, resistant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 09:31:39 
team driver

I tried this chassis in a racing conditions and it wasnt good at all.Car had notraction,no steering and it was pushing out from every corner.

I do not recommend it.
Xray chassis are much better, also in a quality.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 14:46:10 

I'm really liking the Exotek chassis, but wasn't keen on getting the Zeppin.

The Exotek seems great so far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 23:17:12 

tons of flex, more like too much flex.

put all screws in topdeck even the steering posts. works pretty ok now, pb-ed 0.3 sec less than 4 weeks earlier which might be due to some hundred practice rounds

fiber quality is very good, machined very well

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 14:08:25 

Thanks for all the feedback.

It appears that the views detailed on this thread are inconclusive at present.

A friend had purchase the exotech & the Zepplin chassis and had stated that the Zepplin chassis had loads more grip.

The only disadvantage personally for me is that you cannot mount the servo in the E/W position, but other than that it is competatively priced when compared to the T3 11 original item.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 14:24:43 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 15:33:02 

my experience with the zeppin is on low to medium griplevel asphalt, i didn't want to use it in highlevel grip niveau

if u are not sure --- get the zeppin and the exotech for the price of the xray
or stick to the xray.

besides the servomod i think for most racers there is not much difference in between xray or exotech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 15:38:43 

with the zeppin and a LW Body you need to put some weight to meet the 1350g minWeight and i don't know if it's possible to put the xray brass chassis weight in. not much space on the zeppin to glue on lead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 08:17:37 

if you want flexi for 'better grip", why not a fibreglass/FRP, ala T3R chassis plate ??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 17:52:50 

He had fitted the zepplin chassis to use outdoors but had tried it indoors.

I don't think that the T3R chassis will accommodate the top plate and steering system that the t3 2011 employs.

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 17:57:02 

...I'll probably purchase the exotech chassis.

Thais all for the feedback.

M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28:13 

How about the Team CSO one? Anyone tried that?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info.php ... s_id=11724

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:51:31 
team driver

Guys,

chassis is one of the most important parts that influence the car performance. Every small detail on the chassis is important - thickness, material, layout, size of the each cut on the chassis influence the handling of the car. I pay a lot of attention to the chassis design. For example, for T3 2012 I tested over 20 different shassis layouts on many different tracks and many different track conditions until I found the best one that fits all surfaces and track conditions. I made the chassis that fits for skilled drivers as well as for beginners. I do not think that some other companies put as much attention and time as we did into chassis design and therefore I recommend to use only the original chassis. Plus, note that when you get lost with the set up nobody can help you as you are using different chassis and it makes the car to handle completely different. Kunak, our team driver, tested on our track Zeppelin chassis and was 0.7 sec slower than me, when he changed to original chassis, he improved his lap times by 0.6 sec without any other changes on the set up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 21:15:19 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 19:01:47 

Zeppin works good on low to medium traction outdoor asphalt.
Depending on set-up it is faster than original in non-boosted 17.5 and near as fast in non-boosted 13.5.

In boosted or even in modified it does not work as martin already stated before - definetly much much slower.

Don't try on high traction carpet because of the wobbly flex you might crack the top deck :!: