[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants You!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 06:41:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 13:42:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 14:24:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 17:39:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 23:13:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 02:22:51 

Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants You!
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 13:41:50 

How about a pinion bearing setup that doesn't fail the first day at the track. Ruined a pinion and my bevel on my new Fioroni. Didn't have this problem with my 08 or 09. What's up with that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 09:17:35 

After owning a 808 '09 for almost a year now and seeing so many new buggies on the market (to name a few: Serpent 811, Agama EVO and upcoming OD Z01B SG and Durango 408), other than those mentioned earlier, I would like to suggest to include the following parts in the upcoming kit:

1) Include aluminum suspension holders to allow more adjustments and suspension options
2) Lightweight outdrives
3) Lightweight drive axle
4) Ribbed shock bladders
5) One piece engine mount
6) Lightweight aluminum turnbuckles
7) Improve the servo saver
8) Use 4 screws to hold the pinion bearings instead of 3 (not sure if this will help though)
9) Fatter o-rings for diffs and shocks
10) Button head droop screws and slightly longer lip stay on the chassis (the droop screws barely touches the small lip stay as it is)

Thanks!

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 22:55:30 

Hello,

is there any option to run just 1°-1.5° rear toe-in? Sounds curious but I really like my cars that way. I'm running the 808 '09.

Thanks and regards,
Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 01:17:44 

XB808:

Old center driveline
Torx screw kit
chasis skidplates
rear mud guards
bigger wheel bearings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 05:13:18 

I would like to see the new 808 hinge pin holders also be made for fitment to the Xt8 so you only have to carry 1 set on plastic holders. Thats what we really liked about the XT8 & EC days every thing was interchangeable bar the Chassis And arms.... I would also like to see the Xt8 come out with the lager bearing clutch bell......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43:13 

I would like to add one more suggestion to improve the 808 further: SEALED GEARBOX!!!

The current so called "labyrinth" bulkheads are NOT sealed at the bottom (even more prominent if you are running the Aluminum suspension holders)! The gaps between the bulkhead and the chassis lets mud, dirt and water to get in there and mess up the diff!

SEAL IT UP GUYS! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 14:44:15 

I definately agree the servo saver design could use an upgrade. Sealed diffs would be great too. Old style captured pins on the front and rear control arms would be a plus too, it just makes the diffs so much easier to work on. The biggest change the 808 needs imo is the battery box location. If you run a life or lipo battery on the current configuration, its ready for the trash after about 5 races. These types of batteries are only stable to about 150 degrees and that box gets much hotter than that!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 14:48:05 

Stone guards could be shaped better at the front to not allow so much stuff to wash over the chassis. The shell could also match the stone guard better as some of us use Velcro to keep the shell snug to the chassis .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 17:22:24 

Also a radio plate mounting height of 2mm lower than the one there is would be good to fit several standard servos WITH shock absorbers. Some composite spacers for those who don't want to use the shock absorbers on their servos would also be fine then. At the moment it's impossible to use a standard servo by Hitec, Vortex, Savöx ... in the 808 with the normal center diff height AND straight linkage. And If you lift the center diff by more than 1mm the linkage will touch the body. And that 1mm is by far not enough if you don't want to lower the radio plate manually but want to use the shock absorbers. Not using these absorbers on servos is a pre-set servo kill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 17:46:24 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:49:31 

i would like to see bigger fuel tank for non race days :D when you go to drive for fun with your m8's

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 02:18:50 

The Xray XB10 (1/10 buggy that doesn't exist.)

Pros

Finally a real competition 1/10 off-road 2WD and 4WD chassis
Stock gear diffs??!!
Aluminum chassis based off the T3
Big bore shocks
Lets face it, it would be an Xray!!

Cons

They don't make one......
Losi and Durango are having all the fun.
Xray is not dominating this re-emerging market.
Shumachers are nice but Xrays wouldn't break.
Did I mention they don't make one yet...?

Does any else see where I'm going with this?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 03:13:02 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 04:12:04 

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been in RC for over 12 years and it has given me one great suggestion for you. It would be priceless to any and all of us enthusiasts who have never built a kit.

OFFER CUSTOM BUILT KITS.

Now let me explain...

I am waiting for the new XT8E Electric Truggy to be released (By the way, Hurry up with that please!). I know XRAY has a reputation for selling some of the most advanced racing RC's in the world, but what about fun? Yea I race from time to time but I want a vehicle that is just as good at bashing as it is racing, and I believe truggys are best suited for the job.

After seeing the prototype pictures I want one more than I want my next breath. It's the only alternative to a Caster Fusion F8T I've ever seen. I love the rims on it, the way they match the body. Its a beautiful design.

There's just one problem with my little heaven. I can guarantee XRAY will only plan to sell the XT8E as a professional, unbuilt, un-painted kit, witch I HATE more than ANYTHING. I have never built a kit and don't intend to. It's too complicated, booring, frustrating and serious. I'm in this hobby because it's supposed to be FUN! Getting serious about it RUINS the hobby all together.

What I want to be able to do (and I believe I speak for ANYONE who is into this hobby for fun and is concerned about taking on a kit build) is order my XT8E the way I want it. XRAY can build the kit in the factory for no extra cost other than the parts needed to complete the build, we all know that (basically sell it as an RTR), but I want the upgraded parts from the professional kit version. There are too many companies out there (Caster is a perfect example) who sell a Truggy kit that is as expensive as the RTR version. Why? Because the RTR version chooses it's electronics over the upgrades on the kit. I do not want to loose those upgrades when purchasing an RTR anymore (The one company that has offered this so far is Traxxas on the Slash Ultimate Edition, but I'm not a short course or 1/10 fan, I'm a full 1/8 truggy fan)! I want my kit pre-built for me with the differential fluid I want (JQ Products 12,500 - Center; 8,000 - Front; 7,000 - Rear), and I want it painted so all I have to worry about is electronics.

This is why I believe ALL RC manufacturers should implement a Trim Level system like what's available on REAL LIFE SIZE CARS. Add more things or upgrade others, and simply pay more for your product in exchange. I'd be willy to pay $1100.00 - $1200.00 USD for an XT8E PROFESSIONAL KIT pre-built with my choice of diff oil (above), Tekin RX8 - 2650Kv 4S LiPo optimized or Tekin RX8 - 2000 Kv 6S LiPo optimized combo (I haven't decided weather I want to optimize for 4S or 6S yet), nice high-torque, high-speed nice Savox steering servo, and a decent or better radio system (I heard the FS-GT3B system from hobby parts is actually very good for it's very low $40 price!).

I'm not kidding right now, I have talked to literally thousands upon thousands of enthusiasts and nearly 70% have all agreed they would definitely pay the extra to have a professional kit built for us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 05:23:35 

If you got the money I will make the time. Building an xray kit is completely different than any other kit I have built. The instructions are very comprehensive and actually help a great deal in your success at driving the thing. For someone who is new to the hobby, I think, building is a necessary process if one wants to have more fun. If the user is just some spoiled rich guy who only wants to drive it until it breaks and then toss it in the can stick with the RTRs. They wouldn't notice or care about the benefits of running an XRAY kit. And who would wrench on this beast at the track? Building the kit also allows one to get to know the vehicle and instinctively know what adjustments to make to enhance performance.
You're dreaming if you'd think XRAY or any other manufacturer would hire a crew to assemble custom kits at the retail price they go for now. There is so much subjectivity and choices of different items it wouldn't be feasible for them to stock all those parts or deal with all the shipping and such.

I will say it again, I am happy to build and paint whatever kit you send me. Straight up. I will even be so kind as to mail it back to you completed as ordered upon payment for my labor and materials. It will take awhile, and likely cost as much if not more than the kit and the sum of it's parts necessary to complete. And that goes for the thousands of other enthusiasts you have spoken to that are interested in that same service. But even if I had that kind of money and hired a kit built, I wouldn't run it until I inspected every adjustment and every part on it. Even Mr. Hudy himself would likely miss something once in awhile.

the closest thing you're going to get to a one-stop-shop is RCAmerica for xray stuff. But you're still going to have to build it yourself. Many will paint a custom lid and do a fine job at it. But you gotta pay for their artistry and expertise.
Let me know if you want me to build a kit for you, and I will tell you where to send it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next