[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants You!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 08:07:59

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: XRAY Wants You!
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 18:03:12 

Not likely "NEAR" future would be my guess. I asked about this same thing a long time ago. I discovered that there is an experimental "conversion" available in the UK or Europe somewhere on a limited basis.
I think the main focus of late has been the new line of engines Mr Hudy is coming out with. I like the GT class or racing. It offers a little of both on-road and off-road. I do hope xray makes at the very least a GT conversion kit for their latest buggy/truggy. But I am not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 20:40:06 

Xb9 Nitro

2. The standard Kyosho/XB8/Mugen style drivetrain
3. All the extra shock pistons.
4. Good looking body and wing.
5. Carbon Fibre Towers.

Would like to add:
1. Rubber boots on the CVD's.

2. A pinion gear shaft that used a pin like a CVD instead of a setcrew. Then a retension ring outside of the pin to keep it in. ( Or maybe a setscrew on the pin)

3. A tall truggy fuel tank that uses the same mounting locations as the buggy fuel tank. At weaker club races, Electric buggy and nitro run together. Dropping in a big engine and a truggy fuel tank is the hot ticket to even the field. Even better, running the mighty OS .28XZ in a buggy with a truggy fuel tank is a whole lot of fun!

4. 3 stripe progressive springs should have been stock.
5. Smooth aluminum wing buttons.
6. You should use cap head screws on the diff cases with washers instead of button head screws. Cap head screws use a harder to strip 3/32" driver.

Have you tried testing a Serpent style battery/motor layout for a Xb9E?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 13:00:31 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 13:55:38 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 22:23:09 

XB9e

Pros:

1. High quality parts
2. Stable handling
3. Shocks are great
4. Motor mount
5. Fit and Finish

Cons:

1. Terrible battery tray.
2. No body included (the one provided for the XB9e is awful too. not enough clearance) :evil:
3. Radio box is too small and you have to remove it to work with it.
4. No guides for wire routing from the ESC
5. Weak servo saver spring
6. Shock boots tear too easily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 05:03:54 

It would be nice if the wings had larger side panels and an adjustable/removable wicker bill. The sweeper after our straight is kinda slick. More wing would be a huge help, and wouldn't hurt my infield settings much if I kept it mounted low.

If you leave an extra 1/4" under the trim line of the J Concepts Finnisher body, it's great for Xray Escales. I've need running the Finnisher body for the Mugen 6 because the one for the Xray is out of stock. Maybe a body with similar square side panels would be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 22:57:13 

Hi Guys,

I just received my brand new XB8e and started the diff assembly. I am very disappointed by the screws quality.
Hex screws for the diff are not well casted: Sometimes the hexagon print is almost not existing, sometimes it is not deep enough (resulting in damaged screw after only a few turns)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 22:27:45 

Hi All,

A first feedback of my XB8e-2015 after approx 20 packs.
- The screws quality is really poor as mentionned above (xray should really look closely at this subject on such High end car)
- One ball bearing on the front bevel gear (inlet of the front gearbox) died prematuraly (15th batteries max) which cost a conical gear exchange (I just don't want to kill the diff bevel gear).
- Other BB are still alive, but a little more play, but still functionnal enough.
- Aluminium wheel axles are wearing a bit prematuraly in my opinion (or the CVD drive axle, but I do not think so). This cause enormous play in the wheels. I have in mind to change the Hex for the Hardened version, but I am afraid to increase wearing on the CVD axles instead (can anyone advise me?)
- CVD pins are starting wearing. No big issue yet.
- Lower inner pivot pins are oxyding quickly if not cleaned regularly. (Stainless stell could be a good imporvement)
- Shocks absorber shaft is oxydizing as well (Titanium plating is offered by other brands in serial)

This car is really well made and designed and competitive.
Xray team, Please improve these minor points and think about quick cleaning (small oiling point or drilling?). That would definitely place this car at the very top of the 1/8th range!

Feel free to contact me if I can assist in anything,

Sincerely,
Jerome

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 14:13:39 

Hello

Is there any tips to increase the diff case tightness between diff case and chassi?

Thanks
Jerome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 00:28:45 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 20:49:16 

Thanks robin.
I'll try some sticky putty between the chassis and cases.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 00:04:04 

You can Permatex the cases to the chassis, but I just use bearing grease.

Try to pre-thread the diffs with a cap head screw. Us an 3/32" MIP driver and don't slip, go nice and slow. Then remove the screw, grease your flat head screw and scew it in. Little flat head screws can't handle the torque required to thread brand new Xray plastic. Use a tap or cap head screw first.

YHS screws are no better. Remember, we used to tap everything. It even says in the beginning of the manual, you know the pages everyone skips, to tap the threads.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 16:55:36 

Vrp type pistons for 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 19:49:35 

Pivot front end design on the Xray XT8e 2019. Been using mine for a while, and as a old racer with nationals and tons of bashing, i took the best brand and turned it in to a bashers DREAM. It needs the Pivot Front end. I do like the Alu C hub one.

Post subject: Elogbook Login Online
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:44:01 

Mobile eLogbook - an iPhone and Android App for users of the elogbook.org FHI Pan-Surgical Electronic Logbook. ... Once you have entered your elogbook.org login credentials, the app will ... This option can be activated in the settings page.
https://loginsonline.xyz/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9