[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - PROJECT "X"

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 01:09:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: PROJECT "X"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 01:00:19 

Hay guys I just thought I would post something that no one else has ever posted before. I give you X-Ray’s finniest “ The Battle Truck”

Here a few shoots to get you interest.. if you want to see how it started / evolved here is it’s build thread..

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15568

Thanks for your time and have great week everyone.

Quick build recap:

Fully Auto paint gun @ 16 paint balls per second
Yes the rockets do fire (all 8 of them)
I'm using arrow heads on my wheel hubs (sharp ones)
Note the front ramming spikes..
I’ve got a smoke system coming (to confuse the other fellow basher)
It’s all controlled by a 6 cannel radio.

I’ll post video of it once I get my smoke..

I know it shouldn’t happen to an XT8.. :shock: but someone had to do it.. :wink:

Have a great week and thanks for your time

Last edited by tdc57 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 03:55:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 02:41:17 

I know I'm not racing with this guy!

I've only put rocket motors on RC cars in the past, but this is a whole other enchilada!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 07:02:27 
team driver

i wanna see some video :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 07:45:47 

LOL.LOL..

Thanks guys.. I'm waiting for my smoke system to come then I can show the whole thing, I took it out this weekend for a test run and WOW it soo cool… :wink: sure I cant go 50 mph anymore but Hay it’s all good.

Wait to you see what I'm doing to my 808. 8)

Here is hint..

http://www.totalpaintballgear.com/produ ... ncher.html

Have a great one team..

Quick question for the team..

My poor blue shocks are really no match for this 16 lbs truck got any spring suggestion or should I take off my 808 shocks and go back to the stock Truggy one’s ???

Thanks in advance for the help..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 08:07:31 

I wonder when xray will be making them??? haha

Bring on a video when u get a chance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 23:40:01 

Holy freakin cr@p!!! LOL!

Its MadMax and the Thunder Dome.... RC style.... LOL

Would the police consider that a deadly weapon? I'll tell you what, that thing looks like the best pest control device I've ever seen.... I've got a couple mean raccoons you could take care of for me! :D

Video Please! :lol:

Post subject: Need help!..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32:44 

Thanks guy’s it’s real cool and even better in person.. I'll be posting Video tomorrow, but I’ve got a quick question for the team.. I need some stiff (the stiffest) springs and or spacers any recommendation for me.. The total weight of the bad boy with 200 rounds of paint is just under 15 lbs and my blue springs just don’t cut it..

Thanks you for the help..

P.S.
The next time you see me post (I’ll have Veido) :wink:

P.S.S.
Here is quick (real short) video on the firing mechanism. LOL got to love this hobby..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 07:27:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:40:01 

So after spending some good quality time opening my mind to new ideas beyond the box or 2nd elements and recovering Saturday I was ale to think of and incorporate a couple of new ideas into Xray’s and my First Battle truck..

1. Smoke finally arrived (Yyhhaaa) But having a single discharge for it out the rear seams to not quite fit the (OOOooo, OOOOOooo,OOOOooo / EI testosterone) I'm going for so I’ve setup this duel stainless steel braided house with a manifold, exhausting out a 1 1/2 “ Alum fitting. :yipi: ( LOL.LOL.) I’ve got MetMan finalizing up the system now.

2. I also added two slayer front bumpers as side protection between the wheels.

3. I Also Added (YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!) A fishing net with the ends in weights shooting out the rear of the truck. :gasp: I'm planning on running this system off a standard 2.4 oz co2 cartridge, but I also might have discovered a way to tap into my gun tank (Mad scientist laugh here :lol: ). I just need it to blast the net out once (approx 10’ behind me) / YOU KNOW (IE) to entangle the rear chasing cars (of course what else would it be for) 8)

4. I’ve also included (2) new front spears :oops: (yes I’m going there), I’ve ordered a taser and I'm hoping to be able or metalman / linc?? to (somehow / TBD) hook up it’s firing mechanism to the blades and shoot those out along with the added voltage of tasaser. I'm hoping that is enough to immobilize any oncoming theat.. Or I drop a full size man with the tasers and then go full auto on his ass with the paint..LOL.LOL (just kidding) :D

5. The fifth adjustment was to install a skull and cross bone on the hopper. :wink: I’ve scaled it off and PM a friend of mine who will make a decal, but for now this the basic idea..

6. The next addition was to add lights to the skull eye’s I found some that I think will work nicely :mdr:

7. The last little sadistic addition was to screw down thought he chassis with sharp metal screws, that way if some one (other than ME) went to pickup the truck from the bottom they would rip up there hands.. :angel:

Thanks for you time team

Have a great one everyone and thanks ahead for leaving your comments on how I can improve this build…

So just a recap: :wink: (There’s been some improvements)..
I’m (going for) building / got / will have a fully auto 16sec per shoot 200 round electric skull and cross bone hoper, 8 rocket a shooting, 6 steal spikes a gouging, duel smoke a bellowing, skull eyes a glowing, front taser shooting, tire slashing, and (lets not forget) the rear net shooting “ XT8 BATTLE TRUCK”

Holly @#$^!.. :P :twisted: :shock:

Enjoy the pictures… :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:40:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:41:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:43:46 

I like this shot the best so for.. 8) It just says “WHAT”, don’t even think about it, you’re ten seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!.. LOL.LOL

P.S.
Yes, yes i know it shouldn’t happen to a XT8.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:39:05 

Post subject: short Video
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 04:26:17 

Teaser Video’s:

Firing mechanism (first attempt)

Cycling though firing modes (Semi)

(Full auto)

Targeting practice (it’s first time out and yes it did hit the side of a barn)

Stayed tuned for more teaser video’s: (currently in editing phase) :wink:

• Dam this thing still handles (who would have guessed it) :shock:

• Exploding the watermelon with frozen paint and fully auto (A must see clip) 8)

• The smoke system testing (did / will it work as planned) :lol:

• Rocket and rocket pods (how does it all work) and WHY?? :shock:

And

• The rear net firing system (how much air is enough but not too much) :?:

And many, many more to come in the following weeks as it get’s refined through it’s R&D phase. :D

Thanks for your time everybody and have a great week..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51:48 

Man I wouldn't like to see your 1-1 truck :o

You'll be asking to change you forum tag to Q next :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 15:24:16 

Post subject: Short Teaser Video!..
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 07:54:02 

As I continue to struggle through he editing phase of the video , here is a quick (killer) 46 sec teaser video and trust me I'm saving the best for last.. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6fC_rCHr4

I do have questions for the team????.

Quick background / painting the picture for you:
I'm building this town to destroy for the Battle truck movie and could really use some suggestions from the team..

Do I build individual houses or streets / blocks ?? (ie) general store, brothel house, barber shop, ect. Of course they will all have windows, doors, sings ect. :wink:

I’ve got 14 building that need to be named as well. Got any suggestions ??

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the teaser video.

P.S.
I'm still totally amazed at how well this things handles and can take a beating weighing in at just under 17lbs fully dressed..

P.S.S.
Yes Keith, your gone awhile and then things go all weird.. :lol: (Sorry about that LOL.LOL)…. :wink:

Post subject: Forward progress continues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 08:33:53 

Hey guy’s
I finished up the construction of the town and I went out today and got some movie props.

I was looking for (Stagecoach, dolls, farm animals, tumble weeds, etc) but after much wasted time in (toys-R-us, target and wallmart) I came to the conclusion that there are no western toys out there, at least not in LA / OC area..

So now I’ve got an old abandon ghost town that has been taken over by the military performing secret opps. Which kind of works out better now with the town defending itself and all of the toys make cool gunfire and bombing noises and my tank is remote controlled so it can go head-to-head with the battle truck, Also the large guy at the back is the major TANG first name Poot

Here’s first dry run / setup an inside look of the shoot / scene “Before” I'm still taking suggestions you have them shoot them out.. It’s will look much better on the construction site with dirt roads and hills in the background..

So now with the town completed I’ll be able to complete the video..

Have a great one everybody…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 18:56:19