[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - WD-40 O-ring safe?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 04:22:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: WD-40 O-ring safe?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 00:14:18 

Hi

I had some trouble with air leaks in the tank for the XT8. But by lubricating the o-ring in the lid with WD-40 I got rid of it. I was very impressed of how good it worked, from a massive air leak to non, 2 sprays away.

I guess i got nothing to lose, but I do wonder if there is any thing better to lubricate o-rings with (I will not use silicon based lubrication in the tank, since it can damage the engine)? And will WD-40 damage the o-ring in long term?

/Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 00:20:54 

I guess i got my answer about WD-40 and o-rings but are there anything better?

Googlism:
wd40 is a great cleaner of rubber and metal parts
wd40 is a poor practice
wd40 is an all
wd40 is effective for removing some ink stains
wd40 is good as an initial penetrant and works well to coat things against corrosion but does not last
wd40 is too thin to be used for bbs which will covered by water
wd40 is not really a lubricant per se
wd40 is a petrolatum based product
wd40 is about fun and there was plenty of fun goin' around on saturday may 15th along an 8
wd40 is an etching acid and not a lubricant and that it could eat into metal and ruin ball bearings
wd40 is both cool and efficient
wd40 is a penetrating oil and that is usually the way that i use it
wd40 is bij veel minirijders bekend als middel waarmee veel kan
wd40 is a great two
wd40 is one such item available in the us
wd40 is essentially kerosene
wd40 is a penetrating oil
wd40 is suppose to work pretty good also
wd40 is just about the best moisturizer we've found yet
wd40 is a moisture inhibitant
wd40 is not the best option here for looking after cams
wd40 is not really a suitable lubricant for bearings
wd40 is not exactly great fot plastic
wd40 is great for starting 'em up as it's flammable and it helps get some compression
wd40 is a water dispersing agent that will
wd40 is excellent for this – and lubricate very sparingly with coppaslip
wd40 is a petroleum
wd40 is really not that effective
wd40 is almost empty
wd40 is made to break down the components of rust that join and lock object together
wd40 is going to hurt anything
wd40 is not a permanent lubricant
wd40 is not the best solution
wd40 is a degreaser
wd40 is probably an excellent lubricant
wd40 is an essential product in every workshop and service vehicle
wd40 is a handy tool for coating parts
wd40 is not a lubricant
wd40 is set you can ride the bike
wd40 is pretty good at getting them sparkling again
wd40 is a cocktail of petroleum distillates not often occurring naturally in the wild
wd40 is not a perminent fix
wd40 is the last thing you want to be spraying around
wd40 is a water repellant hence the name
wd40 is excellent for removing soft glue left behind from tape backing
wd40 is a bit too risky
wd40 is the ideal wet lubricant if the lock is rusty or stiff
wd40 is better
wd40 is applied to these connectors
wd40 is good for this
wd40 is the worst thing to use on a gun
wd40 is good for fire ant bites
wd40 is fantastic for lifting smudges from painted walls
wd40 is good to free it off
wd40 is for cleaning
wd40 is especially good for this job
wd40 is too thin
wd40 is hard to
wd40 is a solid nymph choice
wd40 is > > junk
wd40 is junk
wd40 is very thin and
wd40 is sufficient to
wd40 is not the thing to use
wd40 is it ik smeer m'n brikkie met wd 40
wd40 is helpful for those stubborn manifolds
wd40 is an example of a mutilpurpose spray and wd40 does have its uses
wd40 is generally not recommended because it's a solvent
wd40 is en per brief te reageren
wd40 is flammable
wd40 is an all purpose liquid for de
wd40 is fine
wd40 is a wonderful tool if used properly
wd40 is powerful?
wd40 is sucked through
wd40 is the best stuff to be putting into the cylinders either
wd40 is that you need to re
wd40 is perfectly safe for the neoprene used in most o
wd40 is > mostly stoddard solvent
wd40 is the answer especially if tied to the door ajar sensor
wd40 is all you need
wd40 is paraffin based and o ring safe
wd40 is one of my favourite substances
wd40 is not
wd40 is not recommended
wd40 is not actually a lubricant
wd40 is a temporary model
wd40 is especially effective for crayon on walls
wd40 is a must
wd40 is used all the time on switches
wd40 is the wrong type of material to use it is more a lubricant than a cleaner and attracts dust and airborne greasy particles
wd40 is also good for removing crayon marks and stickers off glass or any surface[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 00:25:18 

You better go find a new O-ring for your fuel tank. WD will kill the O-rings and make them swell.

Use after run oil on that O-ring in the tank lid and in the engine. If you care for your things that have O-rings in them then dont use WD-40 any more.

I made the mistake of getting some WD on a fuel tank O-ring and it made it swell to where the lid wouldnt stay shut any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 00:52:01 

It might have been the swelling that solved it.. ) I will probably buy a new tank to be on the safe side.

I also used after run oil to lubricate o-rings with before, but after reading the O.S manual for the V-Spec(page 23) "Do not inject after-run oil into the carburator as this may cause the O-rings inside the carburator to deteriorate." I stoped.

My English isn't that good so I don't know what deteriorate means, but it doesn't sound good. :)

BTW whitey4311, thank you for all of your questions in this forum, the answers have helped me loads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 01:07:24 

Hey no worries man I ask questions that I think will come up for all us newbies.

When I am done I will post all the little things I think will help others and pics of my set up. It seems that the set up sheets from the pros would be easy to follow but they dont tell you every thing you need to know to make it all work.

After run oil will not harm your O-rings at all. If anything the nitro in the fuel will kill them long befor the after run oil will.

Just figure out what size O-ring it is then find one at the hobby store and you should be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 08:09:00 

The o-ring from the fuel tank you can find under this part number

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 16:43:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 21:27:30