[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Suggest to XRAY which XB8 / XT8 Option Parts you wish?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 09:26:49

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
 Post subject: Re: Suggest to XRAY which XB8 / XT8 Option Parts you wish?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 13:40:44 

hi guys great buggy the xb9 very happy apart from flimsy bodies but i also have a great idea for an almost bullet proof buggy.

here is a pic of what i do to the pinion shafts to stop center drive shaft uni's from coming off i know locktight but they can still come off i actually dremel a groove out of the metel of the pinion flat spot shaft so the grub screw holds on into the groove all that is needed for an even better case scenario is for you guys at xray is to drill press a small 2-3 mm deep hole that the grub screw can seat in when tightening up the grub screw it sits in the crevis making it imposible to dislodge when lock tight is used.

i have been doing things to my cars to make them bullet proof this is one mod i have done the others are using thicker screw bolts to mount the rear wing mount on the car as the regular screws snap if the car has a big hit aswell as using counter sunk washers on the steering pivot ball screws and camber links making it impossible for the plastic steering or camberlink arm to fall off the pivot ball when slightly worn they cannot physically go past the washer as the washer diameter is wider then the plastic pivot ball hole

stops being put out of a race due to a steering linkage coming loose with these 20c washers makes it impossible for it to happen.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 15:09:27 

I would suggest Mud Guards for the Xt8 (only rear ones) because it gets really dirty.
Also I would like it if they would come with #355290 XRAY XT8 Pin with Flat Spot 2.5x15.8 (2) because even when you use thread lock they still come out after a while.
Moreover it would be great for the new Xt8 to come with some spare parts like the Relief Steering Ball Joint 5.8mm for M4 (2) because when the car turns the rims scratch that and cause it to wear.
And last but not least for the cars to come an Alu Adjustable Engine Mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 08:27:13 

I want progressive oil dumper.
4 Stripe springs work well,but oil dumper is not progressive.
If so,stripe springs are more effective.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 08:36:07 

I wish heat sink radio tray.

Radio tray of XB8'2014 is made of plastic that is not metal.
Then in summer , servo and buttery heat up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 04:41:17 

Would like to see xray come up with the following for the xb8 2014:

1- More spring choices revolving around the 4 strip linear as opposed to progressive.

2- More weight options like 8G, 10G, 12G or maybe have a modular weight stack system sort of like pallet type weights just rack them and add them, in various incremental weight sizes.

3- Fuel line, should have a nibble end coming from the the tank, prevent inner fuel line from moving by accident thus causing fuel capacity difference.

4- Rear brace flexing way to much, maybe put some carbon renforcement in it and or less flexible plastic material.

5- Hex hub option by 1/4 increments from stock 1.25 / 1.50 / 1.75 / 2.0 upto legal width.

6- More plastic around droop screws, in high temp, droop setting changes due to grub screw moving out. Like Mugen MBX7 arms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 14:45:40 

Parts wanted/needed

1) Titanium screw for clutch bell
2) Body that fits without cracking after 2 minutes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 20:05:30 

Hi...

i need to know if i can order for my truggy XRAY xt8 2007 model, the parts below so i can transform it in electric.

diff suport Part number: # 354011 (XRAY XT8 XRAY XT8 - 2009 Specs XRAY XT9 XRAY XB8E)

and electric motor mount Part number: # 358784/358783 (XB8E)

thanks for support

horia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 17:07:34 

I didn't read all tha posts, but i would higly urge xray engineers to look deep to the drive train and make it smiliar to the one in tekno eb48 .
The short drive shaft between the centre diff and rear one is why eb48 imo is the best buggy coming out of corners .
I got them all, the tekno beat'm all in cornering .
Please xray think sbout this .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 02:37:37 

I don't know if it's been requested before but a 4-shoe clutch that can be pre-assembled and installed as a complete unit would be great! I also like the idea of the symmetrical layout of a 4-shoe type of setup.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 22:33:18 

Hi, i'm new here, sorry for my english...
I think was good idea make a conversion to short course. Only needs front and rear bumpers and body posts.
In the marked allready can buy wheels for 17mm hexes and body's, but in my local short course championship i can't run with a home made conversion.
BBRR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58:44 
team driver

I agree an XRAY shorty would rock! But why can't you run with a conversion? As long as it fits the rule dimensions it should be fine. The hobby ist still called model building isn't it?
I think if you just take the buggy and put bumpers on it and body posts it would be too heavy, but it might be worth a try. The 808 would have been perfect for a shorty base I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 18:33:17 

A lexan wing, that isn't clear lexan. Black or white plastic that's similar to lexan, will be more durable.

Old Traxxas RTR bodies lasted forever, because they weren't brittle clear bodies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 06:16:22 

For the XT8e 2019 i would like to see pivot front end, like the buggy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42:41 

Thank you for the information

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 13:32:43 

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 13:32:43 

fgvd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 05:54:07 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34