[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Suggest to XRAY which XB8 / XT8 Option Parts you wish?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 07:27:16

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggest to XRAY which XB8 / XT8 Option Parts you wish?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 07:21:57 

Those don't come with the kit Robin. atleast not with mine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 07:46:47 

All XB808 kits include the for mounting the front right shock and rear left shock.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 08:40:10 

XT8 too?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:20:36 

No, these screws are only for XB808 cars as on XT8 cars you will need longer screws.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 15:31:45 

I would love to see Xray make a steel heavy flywheel for the standard 3 shoe XB808 clutch. I haven't been able to find anything that will even work other than an
aftermarket company which I think requires you to use their clutch shoes and springs
also. Just to clarify because I don't have my buggy in front of
me, the Xray flywheel is 32mm, correct? I like the Xray clutch, plus being able to use almost any shoe that a hobby shop might carry is a plus. I just want to be able to calm down my buggy on some of the dusty, low traction tracks we have here in South Florida. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 22:00:32 

titanium screws
suspension spring covers
stronger rubber folding boots.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 01:22:51 

Said before i'm sure ,........ but please make longer boots for the rear shocks on the XT8, I CAN'T SEE WHY THIS WAS OVER LOOKED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW KITS.

Using other after market boots still leaves the problem of the spring retainer not fitting and being to loose....................... THIS NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION :)

AGAIN SAID BEFORE ( BUT NEVER ACTED ON ) would be to redesign that old relic of a body, to thin an its way out dated, again can't see way they remain as the factory kit body, i'd say that 90% are thrown away, or do as i do paint them for concourse then never used as one land on your lid and it screwed. I'd rather buy a XRAY produced body than one from JCONCEPTS or PROLINE BULLDOG BODIES, XRAY loose alot of coin with us buying the after market bodies.

Larger internal diameter in o-rings in the shocks, same with the diff o-ring, i actual use another brand of o-ring in the diffs and they never leak or seep fluids

Just my 2cents worth and with all the 2 cents in this thread it's a fortune

Love the product and use religiously but the few drama's are letting it down

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 23:35:21 

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but boots for the drive axels would be awsome, especially the center front and rear. Not a must, but I wold like to see the dated looking body replaced. A cab forwardd design would be sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:10:20 

Can we have the lightweight diff outdrives included as standard parts in kits, plus in the complete replacement diff sets? Seems a waste to not use the standard parts, so I end up using them till they wear, then buying the lightweight ones as replacements.

I've not noticed any difference in wear rate, but if you feel there is, maybe there could be seperate part numbers for diff sets with/without lightweight outdrives?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 04:49:27 

I would love to see the 808 with the old style driveline that was extremely reliable. Other than an aluminum front tower I dont think the car needs anything. Just a better design in the center driveline area. ( pinion )

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 09:24:41 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 17:07:55 

How about a center diff assembly for the 808E like this:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 23:57:16 

Wheel nuts that don't come loose.

It's nice to be able to fasten the wheelnuts by hand as far as possible, and use a wrench only to tighten it up.
So I don't prefer using loctite (by the way: they still come loose) or a nylon locking ring.
I would like to see Xray nuts with a serrated face that bites into the wheel.
Possibly capped too (like it was an option 5 years ago for the XB8, # 355265).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 00:13:24 
team driver

The wheel nuts normally don't come loose if tightened correctly, what rims are you running?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 14:26:37 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 04:29:12 

Differential housing with Aluminium or steel insert for the Pinion Bearing support. Ideally the insert would be finned in Aluminium for heat dissipation.

A secondary option would be to allow the use of splash lubrication in the differential housings (front and rear). This would allow heat to be dissipated by the chassis pan and would reduce wear/losses. A drain plug would be required.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 03:05:02 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 01:15:37 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 21:13:40 

1 piece engine mount
heavier duty rear drive shaft
maintenance free bearings
sealed electronics box

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 20:44:21 

Composite spur gear for the 808E in 42t, 43,t & 44t.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next