[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What do you guys think of this battery?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 07:26:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: What do you guys think of this battery?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 04:10:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 04:26:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 05:09:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 08:19:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 08:49:48 

the partition can be cut out to make more room if you need it, but personally i run a 1000mah and a 1300mah lipo flat pack in the xb8 and xt8 and i get plenty of run time. if you do decide to get a lipo pack then you are going to need a charger capable of charging lipo batteries, as well as a voltage regulator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 13:24:10 

Hey buddy i accually bought the same battery for my EC and it dose fit but not well at all, once the battery is in it leaves little to no room for your wires!! I run the Ballistics Batteries IB1400 and they have been fine for me so far, absolutely no trouble with 40min mains at all! :D As for chargers i use a swallow advance(very easy to use and real cheap) Im not sure where you guys in the states(me being in Australia) would get one from but try here for the batteries!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_61_127

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 15:46:16 

Yeah I want to use a Li-po if I can but would like to get one that has a larger capacity. I know I need the regulator and commonsenserc sells a very basic wall charger that is made for 2 cell packs and charges at 1 amp with a peak detector.

Please point me in the direction of what will fit. This is the one that I wanted but people say there are problems with Li-po and they fail more often then NIMH packs.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... s_id/13508

This second one seems to be the same as any stick pack ut not high enough mah that I want. If it is what fits and is better then a 1500mah Nimh then I will go this route.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... s_id/13507

hook me up with some links and a pic of the battery and Rx box opened up would help me alot. I really would like to order everything at the same time and not have to get the kit then go back and order what I think will fit.

As for chargers I have had no issues using peak detection chargers but have never cycled batteries that were new. I guess since I have had all Ballistic batteries they cycle them befoer they are made so maybe thats why. For Li-po from what I am reading and when I called Amain tech support they said the wall charger would be fine and there is no need to balance a 2 cell pack. They said the ballancer was for packs used in planes and cars where they constantly run them up and down.

Here is that charger I am talking about and the regulator.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... s_id/13159
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... s_id/13509

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 15:58:13 

For a great charger that is relatively inexpensive, check out the Duratrax Intellipeak ICE
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XHDJ1&P=SM

or for a little more $, the Team Checkpoint version, which has a little more features (like a backlight for the LCD, and up to 30 amp discharge)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XPYT8&P=SM

They do NiCD, NiMH, LiPo, and can cycle, discharge, etc. Right now Tower has a $20 off $149 order coupon on their home page.

They LiPo battery I use is this one:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_in ... ucts_id=46

As I said, it is a *very* tight fit, but that isn't a bad thing, since it keeps the battery from flopping around without using foam. I been using them for 2 months with no issues. With my JR 8711 and 9000s servos, a 3 minute warmup and 5 minute qualifier uses about 150 mAh. With the charing harness switch, all I have to do is open the radio case side and plug it into the charger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 16:03:12 

I dont really want to pay so much for a charger is why I considered the Li-po packs. That and I still have to pay $90 for a power supply.

I suppose I should have a good charger but I have about $1600 worth of stuff right now to buy, lol.

I guess what I am asking is if its necessary to discharge batteries and use all the functions on a more expensive charger like that. If I am missing something here and not doing it properly then I will have to invest in one but so far I have not needed more then just a cheapie peak detection charger.

I suppose to start out I will just get the ballistic 1500mah 2/3 pack then get a better battery later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 18:54:28 

Last edited by Keith on Thu Aug 09, 2007 19:00:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 23:44:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 02:03:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:33:04 

A reply to me from Kendall on the 2300 lipo RX pack:

"Cool. I just found out from my supplier that the production is actually done, so we should be getting them shipped this week or next week. So with luck they will be in the system in about 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

Kendall Bennett, CEO".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 16:00:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 19:20:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 02:04:27