[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - best online store

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 00:33:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: best online store
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 01:50:26 

can anybody lead me to a good online store in the states that carry xb8tq kits? none of the big online shops that i use carry the kit. thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 02:00:15 

carolinas rc has them http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scripts/default.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 07:42:30 

$540 at this site. Its a club that you have to buy into, but once you get in,,you wont regret it. :wink: anyone can view the prices on the site.

http://www.rcbuyersclub.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 08:10:16 

I dont think I've seen cheaper than this... although I'd like to be proven wrong.... US$461.89.... plus free shipping if you spend over $550 in the shop....
http://nwh.vstore.ca/product_info.php/c ... cts_id/703

unluckily for me they wanted to charge me over US$200 to post to Australia.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 09:30:17 

That is very cheap, but I wonder if they have any left? My buddy just got his from Robert @ Ashford Hobby, I recently switched him over from the K-car, and that was his last one. We tried multiple other places and no luck. Even RC America said they were about 2 weeks out from getting them from XRAY. But if they do have them in stock that is a price to jump ALL over!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:40:51 

yeah, they say that they are in stock... anyone (in the US) want to take delivery for me and on send it to me...???? in Australia :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 16:45:46 

RCbuyers club adverstises that they will beat that price. Dont know if they have any in stock tho'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 06:02:30 

Got mine @ best deal I could find at the time $549.

Ace Hardware Hobbies has them also. Carolinas R/C seems to have really good service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 08:21:13 

fulcrum:

I got mine from Toyworld in Canberra (02 6280 7150).. see what they can do for you.. Thats where I bought mine.

There is only 1 importer in Australia, who is either making a mint on them or his buy price is very high compared to the US for example.. even factoring in the exchange rate.. coz if retailers in the US can SELL it for 500 (roughly 700 aus) (including profit - they're not going to sell it and make nothing are they??) Which i KNOW is less then retailers PAY for it here.

Unfortunately we will always get ripped blind on X-ray here, because there is no competition on prices. its a monopoly at its best. So far i have not found anywhere in Australia that can do a TQ for the $1017 retail price quoted on the distributors site. Maybe give him a call and see who his retailers are that can stick to his RRP's...

The topic of X-ray pricing in Australia has come up quite a few times on this forum, but any posts of this nature end up getting deleted by the mods pretty quick... most likely this one will too.

I have emailed x-ray about this problem, and they are willing to look into it, we just have to provide pricing comparisons from around the world compared to ours etc.

pm me if you want to help make X-Ray cheaper in Australia!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:46:53 

WOW, thats funny you should say that sneh, I have been down exactly the same track.... I spoke with the sole importers and asked them whether they would come close to the price I could get overseas.... They said no, but I could try one of their dealers....... and their price was more expensive than the importer.... the retailer was upset about this and complained that the importer sets the retail price. They told me, If I paid cash they would knock 10% off their price.... so about AUD$915. I thought...ok, support local hobby shop, blah,blah,blah. BUT no stock available..... in Australia. NO stock available in Slovakia either..... so I was looking at a wait of about 6 to 8 weeks at best......

I too complained to Xray about a worldwide pricing policy, and I got an email saying they would look into it, but have heard nothing else in a few weeks.

End of story is... I bought from Hong Kong, shipped to my in 3 days, great service, reasonable price... I'm not complaining....

BTW... speedtechnitro has no stock.... someone tell me how can New world Hobbies possibly sell TQ's for US$461????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 16:29:49