[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY XT8 ----- Truggy General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 06:18:48

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 17:21:48 

I am hinged on the purchase of this:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... rs-ISS-Set

Considering my XT8-09 is the VERY first race-worthy vehicle I have ever owned, and the fact that this is my first racing season EVER, do I "rrrreeeeeallly" need this? I noticed A-Main has suddenly become a lot more proud of this set as the price has increased by about $6 very recently. :evil:

I understand that anything that increases adjustability obviously offers more chances to win races. But I just wonder if having them would make a DRASTIC difference in my experience with the XT8-09?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 21:13:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:12:04 

Did anyone do the "steering mod" to the XT8?

Post subject: Re: XRAY XT8 - 2009 Specs ---- Truggy General Forum
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 20:39:57 

yes the same mod like the EC ( alu ) and dremeld away area's so it stears like a buggy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 18:08:20 

I had something else in mind.

Its the mod like in my RC8T.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 00:56:07 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 07:20:41 

Well one relocates the steering link from the ackermann bar to under the bellcrank.

also it require's lowering the ball joint at the hub to get the steering link level in relation to the lower suspension arm again.

This was done to get more steer from the RC8, i was thinking maybe the Xray would benefit from this mod.

I'd like to hear from Rocco and the other Pro's. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 21:12:00 

Try it and see, I don't think it's needed though. I had an RC8 and did the steering mod to it. made a huge difference. The XT8 is a completely different animal though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 08:39:01 

I looked at it yesterday and concluded that there is not enough space under the bellcrank to relocate the link.

It will hit the suspension block.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 22:43:03 

finnaly got the xt8 09 spec after over a month on back order. I thought i was going to go insane... lol..
couple questions guys...
what shock set up should i use for fast outdoor tracks with fairly big jumps... simular to what we had at SilverState, Las Vegas this year if any of you attended? I was looking for Josh Wheeler set up (i think he was there), but the newest i could find is Jan 09. I also heard that the Euro tracks have smaller jumps and usually the setups from Europe dont work very well in the US. is that true?

second question I have is about the proline MBX6 bulldog body that everyone is installing on the xray truggy. From what i could find, looks like the Mugen body post from the truck work well and all you have to do is drill the holes lower on the shock tower. What about the front. Do you guys use the stock xray body posts or buy something different? do you have to drill the holes lower in the front also?
thanks and looking forward to tell you guys my experience with the truck...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 04:45:25 

I found the RC8T body fits better you use the front XT8 posts and then what i did was to use the 808 10 Spec extended rear body mounts which work well, The thing i liked about the RC8T shell is that the front bonnet is raised and not concaved like the Mugen one but i guess each t there own.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 05:25:15 

Blade,
thanks for reply. the body does look like it fits pretty good... i actually switched from RC8T so i have one laying around to give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 05:28:34 

the front dogbones are extremely close to the springs, looks like they might touch when the car flexes... anybody had any problems with that? i'm in the process of putting it together and have not drove it yet...

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 08:20:20 

they get close dont worry.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 06:38:02 

I have about two gallons on the 2009 Spec now and I love it. I think i have most of the kinks figured out (shocks and diffs no longer leak thanks to advise I found on this forum). One problem that i have encountered and i didn't see it mention on this forum was the breaks. Break pads were binding up on the threads of the screws that hold them. Easily fixed by purchasing smooth screws from Kyosho, but I found it interesting that Xray didn't think of that. Unless I'm the only one that experienced that problem... :-)

But here is my question... Under acceleration from a corner I can see and feel the centrifugal force straighten out the front wheels. I been tightening up the servo savor for few weeks now and I still have that problem. Today I decided to see if i can physically turn the wheels while the servo had power to it and see how much force i need to engage the servo savor. To my surprise the servo savor barely worked at the very end and most of the twist was absorbed by the plastic servo savor arm. That arm is made from a very soft plastic and although it doesn't break it twists like crazy in both directions. I started searching for a fix but I cant find anyone that makes the top part of the servo saver from aluminum. XRAY is advertising a V2 servo saver in their parts list that claims to be 30% stiffer. I just bought my truck less than 2 months ago so I'm assuming I have the V2, but how can I tell? And is the XRA352510 the updated stronger plastic? I dont want to buy the whole servo saver for probably $80 if I can help it...
Would love to hear if anybody else noticed this and if there is a fix for it.... Thanks

Post subject: Re: XRAY XT8 ----- Truggy General Forum
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 04:48:43 

I am very keen to add an xray truggy along side my 808 for 2011 but will only get rid of my rc8t if the xt8 is upgraded to 2011 model. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 19:17:52 

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the previous 51 pages :shock: but...

What offset Pro-line wheels are you guys using with the 5mm hubs? Zero offset or 1/2" offset?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 21:38:18 

with +5 hubs run the zero offset wheels. In FAQ truggy section is a longer explanation of what to use when & where.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 18:23:09 

Thanks Bren!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:05:52 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next