[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY XT8 ----- Truggy General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 09:01:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
 Post subject: Re: XRAY XT8 ----- Truggy General Forum
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 21:21:11 

I have a XT8 that I converted to Brushless and I was out doing my first run in the grass and my front 10t bevel gear in the front gearbox snapped.Has this happened to anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 20:37:07 

It is very rare in nitro as clutch allows some slip, the direct drive of electric may apply some added loads on high grip surfaces like grass or astro turf.
The only one I saw broke was due to the pin coming out & locking the drive train, it was from this that caused the failure. To stop the pin moving make sure you are using the new pins which have a machined groove or drevel a small flat for the grub screw to locate & use a good loctite.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 00:34:01 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 15:41:26 

Yea the RCM Slipperential would be a good idea.The chassis conversion is also RC Monster.I did use blue loctite also.So just a small groove on the keyed portion of the gear to seat the grub screw? :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 17:53:02 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 20:02:15 

OOPS Yea what u said.BTW thanks for the quick reply.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 21:31:49 

I have just started using my old XT8 as it has been standing on the shelf quiet a long time now. It´s the first version and I have added the big bores to the car. Took some time to get the better setup without nose diving but the car handles real good. Turns fast at least on my home track. Still running the Trax tyres 8)

First trouble facing was that the rear drive shaft got lose from axle at the diff when the A-arm went all the way up. Has anyone a solution for this other than longer shaft?

I would also like to know if anyone have tried using other springs (longer) for the dampers from any other manufacturer?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 16:37:34 

For those dont know the latest 808 '11 diff casings, including the front and rear toe blocks bolt staight onto an XT8-09. Had the misfortune of tearing off the rear end, and no parts to fix. So i raided my new 808 kit in hope.......there is a god :D ..... works a treat. The bonus is more options for adjustments. Waiting on parts to convert the other XT8 too.

The new 808 '11 is a first for me.....been a long time waiting after watching the pain some guys went thru with those stupid diff bearings. Had a chuckle when they announced the NEW design...hahahah, glad the penny finally dropped. Must havre put a lot of guys off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 01:31:40 

Thats good to know, now you have a XT8 2012 :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 07:02:23 

Hey fellas,

Only got a couple of questions...

I am looking at buying an already E-converted XT8 (MMM/1717) but it is the older '07/'08 model.

Just wondering if the '08 models are still worth buying?

Also are all the parts still being made for it? (I see the upper a-arms are on amain, not sure about the rest though).

It will mainly be used for bashing about but might one day start racing it (track is a fair distance away).
Is there much difference between the '07/'08 and '09 strength wise, does it wear out faster or what?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 16:39:26 

my GF help me with my xray ^_^
Refill rear diff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 20:07:52 

Hi...

i need to know if i can order for my truggy XRAY xt8 2007 model, the parts below so i can transform it in electric.

diff suport Part number: # 354011 (XRAY XT8 XRAY XT8 - 2009 Specs XRAY XT9 XRAY XB8E)

and electric motor mount Part number: # 358784/358783 (XB8E)

and maybe also

center diff plate XRA354053
center spur XRA355050

thanks for support

horia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 23:56:03 

WOW! 7 yrs, still running. Just took a trip in the waaay back machine,,lol. Still have the original and still putting fuel thru it,,still just as fun and durable. It has it's battle scars over the years,,but still truckin.

A shout out to all the original "badger the Hudy's" crew who started this thread. How y'all doin?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 03:13:53 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 18:38:54 

Hey Richmond, good to see you check in.

Life caught up to me so I had to take a break from racing years back. The years screamed by after that. Amazing. I did run about 1/2 gallon thru it last week. The Maxpower motor still rips. Bags and bags of unopened parts I bought. I think I have enough for several rebuilds of just about everything still. Will be holding onto those.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 18:57:50 

Ironic. Ran the Truggy this past weekend. Clutch springs were shot from sitting loaded I think. Popped some new ones in and back to race ready. Me thinks I see a spambot above.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 17:54:45 

Hey Moderators,,Single post spammer just above.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 09:55:21 

Hello guys n girls
I have converted my old xt8 into electric with a hobywing 2200kv motor and 150esc. And runs perfectly with 4s. Tried to push the boundaries with an 6s though and the front diff snaped. Not that I wouldn't expect it but I thought of asking if anyone had any tips for doing so without causing any harm.

Also I have a spare front diff from a xb8 can I use that to the xt8?

Thanx in advance
S.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 13:53:03 

Mario, the truggy appears magnificent. I am certainly glad that the components from the TQ may also be utilized for the truggy. Much appreciated Xray for pulling by means of with this terrible child! I will rarely wait to get it! Yannick will likely be at the dust race to maintain jogging with each XB8EC and the XT8. This will be the important race for Yannick in the truggy classification, so we will be able to understand how he'll do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52