[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Torsen diferiential

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 00:30:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Torsen diferiential
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 21:55:33 

Post subject: torsen
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:08:50 

I think I have found one that fits the middel diff
It has Bearings 8x16mm
and 46 teath
the housing is 31 mm
and the lengt is 24 mm within the bearings I Orderd one and will let you know if it fits

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 05:30:41 

Yeah there are torsen diffs for the XRays. They're called the Tactyl II by BBF and they're very expensive (185€)!!! I'd like to try them when i can afford to!

http://www.bbfmodels.com/Tactyl.htm

regards

speed metal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 06:35:39 

how does one of those affect the car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 13:45:42 

Post subject: central torsen build in
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 20:34:37 

these diff are no torque diffs but normal difs with a lock function with a system like the engine !! and I heard they need a lot of maintenance.

But dont cry I bought a torson át PK racing
http://www.pkracing.nl/index.html
This diff has a weight of 100 gr ( original is 86 gr)
and needs less maintenance
you will have to mill out the (with a dremel)
part no 354010 and 354010
because the diff is 5 mm longer!
than it will fit into the car
also you will have to reduce the shafts of the diff on both sides and the brakes ( part no 354110 ) you will have to mill out !
But I worked with simple tools and it fits in 4 hours.
:P
I have pictures but don't know how to post them here !
so it is possible !!!!
the central diff spure gate is 62T and there is no smaller !
now my car is a better weight also :
1730 front and 1636 on the back with fuel !

HNX1S33 TORSEN CENTER DIFF 1/8 € 89.95
for HN-X1CR, Kyosho MP7.5/777 And now also xb8

can someone post pictures?
[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 22:02:56 

I have the BBF Diff's and they need some time to getting used to but after that they work great. For optimal preformance use all three of them. When you don't want to spend the cash try the SCM ( i think ) same diff less expence). But the BBF ( three ) beat one torson all the way :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 03:38:11 

Why not use the stock diffs and just setup the car??? It seems to work well for the team..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 06:29:37 

Xray will probably have a new limited slip diff out for the XB8 soon. Active diff....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:07:07 

Well Yannick has been using a Torsen differential for the past season, and I for one would love to get my hands on one.

Rest assured that the all the team guys are NOT using all standard diffs ;) If Yannick aint, you can bet others are not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 09:32:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 09:41:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 16:21:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 19:26:17 

Hi Whitey,

TorSen diffs are pretty complex bits of kit. Here's a link to a pdf that explains all about them.

http://www.torsen.com/files/Traction_Co ... rticle.pdf

If you don't fancy falling asleep, I'd recommend not reading all of it and scrolling down to the pretty pictures; you can get an idea of how they work from the diagram

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 19:36:08 

Just imagine Audi's quattro technology in your buggy. Simple as that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 21:34:31 

Ahh what the hell!

That is some crazy math going on in those suckers. Seems complex but I bet those are going to cost a ton of money. They best last along time because one busted gear looks like it will kill the entire diff with all those interlocking gears.

Do they use diff oil?

Seems like there is a predetermined amount of torque applied to each wheel by choosing gear ratios in the diff. That would be pretty cool but I wonder if some times the simple methods are best. I have a feeling that those diffs are killer but price vs function I questions if its worth it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 05:36:29 

Post subject: torson
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 17:06:54 

I run my torson now but not in the match and it holds verry well !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 18:21:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:41:12 

The Torsens diff of the Hong Nor X1-CRT will NOT fit!! I've tried it (i've both cars and the HN has a Torsens diff in the front) but the Xray diff is less wide, smaller. The HN Torsens diff is too wide and doesnot fit the diff housing!!