[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Which Lid?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 23:27:21

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Which Lid?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 17:10:45 

In the market for a new lid for my XT8-09. Last year I bought a JConcepts Punisher and spent a VERY long time fitting and painting it. The lid lasted ONE day of bashing.
I would like to know if there are any NEW lids out there that have proven to be tougher, or thicker, than the JConcepts lids? Im still not exactly in love with the Bulldog lids from Proline but will likely try one this time around if I can't find one I like.

Please post a link to the lid you like best for your XT8-09 Spec.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Which Lid?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 03:23:46 

43 people have read this post and not one has a single suggestion or any help whatsoever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19:37 

Hello,

there are no real direct fit bodies, the only one that was, was the Proline Shift for the Hong Nor X2 CRT - but it is out of production since a long time :(

A close fit is the Proline Bulldog for the MBX6-T, it needs a little trimming.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 14:49:46 

I understand that some amount of fabrication and trimming is necessary. JConcepts does make a fairly close direct fit in two of their lids. I have purchased and used them both. The Hi-Flow lid for the original XT8 had the dimples in the wrong place for the XT8-09 Spec and did not fit "just right".
The JConcepts "Punisher", also for the MBX6T, fits just fine with some modification. However, the Punisher lid did NOT withstand an entire day of "punishment" and, in my opinion, is not tough enough for my use.

I have seen the Bull Dog lids from Proline and am not the biggest fan of the looks. Just as in my other post, I was hoping to find out what the Xray Team drivers all use and why. Also, if there were any new lids out there that are more durable than the rest.