[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB9e conversion

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 23:35:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XB9e conversion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 20:33:37 

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has done a successful conversion of XB9 to electric. I am racing XB9 nitro and my kid was racing 808e (actually 808 '11 nitro converted). But since the XB9 is much better in transmission etc I wanted the same platform for him, so we tried to convert an XB9 to electrix (see picture below).

So far he has only used it for single race, and that seemed to work fine, but the conversion was not that easy. I had to drill new holes for the 808e engine mount (slightly wider than the XB9), cut the radiobox in half to keep the servo mount, new holes for the battery plate, smaller spur gear (42T instead of 46T) to fit, major work on the body to allow space for the battery and ESC. All in all not optimal.

If anybody has tried the same I would appreciate some tricks to improve it?

Thanks,
Torben

Attachments:
IMAG0132 3.jpg
IMAG0132 3.jpg [ 222.76 KiB | Viewed 4265 times ]

Post subject: Re: XB9e conversion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 04:07:19 

Yes. A couple of guys in my club have done it already. I think one of them posted in the XB9 thread on RCtech.

Post subject: Re: XB9e conversion
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:19:46 

i just finished mine yesterday. i bought the monster RC motor mount. gives split center diff access to the car.

i also trimmed the radio box down. but i trimmed it more than you did. i cut the top, and used the excess to glue onto the back side to cover up from dust. and left a gap underneath for the wires to go in.

i also used the losi battery tray. drilled one hole next to the existing motor mounts.. and done. havent raced it yet.. but looks great.