[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - 3 Bearing Diff Alu Spacer or Not

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 07:16:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 3 Bearing Diff Alu Spacer or Not
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 16:55:47 

Bren, read the post on the pinion but still did not find the answer I was looking for, just finished building my new 808 Buggy 2010 spec with the three bearing set up but did not use the Alu spacer provided in the front or back diff's as I could not get it to fit flush. Is the alu spacer still needed with the three bearing set up and will the final assembaly of the three bearing and spacer sit flush allowing the three final screws that hold the bearings down to sit properly in the groves or will this new set up stick out. Hope I explained my self to where you can help me dying to continue with the final of the engine, pipe and servos to start running thanks. dp

Post subject: Re: 3 Bearing Diff Alu Spacer or Not
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 18:50:18 

The 3 bearing design spacer is about 2-3mm thick & roughly the same size as the lip that runs around the pinion gear, the spacer is needed as it transfer loads. The early 808 did not have this spacer but was found less failures happened when using it as it makes the whole design like one big bearing rather than seperate units.
Double check you are using the small spacer & not for some accident the larger 2 bearing design one, for your reference the 2 bearing design spacer is roughly 6mm wide & would cause the issue your explaining.
If you look at the grease tip is very clear on how its assembled & may just be a case of a bearing being caught or twisted slighlty.