[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:34:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 19:13:22 
team driver

Hey everyone!

Like Jerome and Bren I too will open my own ask and answer topic.

I will do my best to keep up with my race reports, set-ups and every day Xray Q&A here so if you need me just let me know. :D

Thanks,
Jason

Post subject: Re: Ask Jason Branham
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 19:25:39 
team driver

Any questions? How do you keep your stuff from getting stolen out of a truck? Haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 20:22:35 
team driver

Well first you take your stuff to your hotel before you go out to eat and second you make sure the guy you rode with locks the truck!!!!! :shock:

So.......where's the Ask Josh Wheeler thread?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 05:32:45 

Jason,
I have a XT8 2009 Spec and noticed that the plastic servo sever arm twists like crazy (doesn't break). Have you notice that and is there a fix for it? I see there is a V2 for sale by Xray and it claims its 30% stiffer, but my truck is only couple months old so I'm assuming I already have it. I don’t see Kingheads making one from aluminum, any suggestions?
Norbert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 16:27:15 
team driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 19:26:05 

I was at a Pro Series race recently and had an issues fo the dog bone popping out of the drive cup, the pin was worn pretty badly and the cup wasn't in the best of shape, but not to terrebly bad either. I run alot of droop in the rear ( which is wear the issues was, on the right side only). I don't run alot of cambe in the rear. i changed it to 0deg and it helped me in the next 3 q's, then in the main it did it again, it looked like my turnbuckle backed out and the camber changed on me, can a-arms strech over time, I've not replaced them in the last year? would too much droop cause this, the worn pin or drive cup be an issue.

What happened in Garland, everytime i left to get a drink you were catching 1st and then sounded like engine trouble? I have to admit I wasn't paying much attention to the standings, but you made those Xrays look like they were on rails, that was some fancy drivin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 17:06:03 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 22:26:33 

Thats what happened to you, I thought you were rockin it out there, sorry to here that screw came loose.

As for why I run max droop, still triin to learn my driving style, just started getting used to using brakes, still learning that, and turning while braking (entering the turn) it seems alot easier with the droop to me. I been rebuilding my truck and I think your right The droop was the cause or the mishap with the dog bone, didn't happen on a wreck , just after landing a jump is when I noticed it.

Post subject: Re: Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 20:04:05 

Ive heard of many tire combos that people use but what are your "go to" tires most of the time? Do you guys mix it up front and rear or run the same tire all around? also do you guys run the same springs all around (blue front and blue rear) or do you use harder springs up front and softer in rear? Most Xray drivers Ive encountered always run the same color springs all around but many other drivers always vary the spring rates front and rear. Whats your take on this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 00:05:45 

was wondering if you could give me some advice on setting up my shocks on my converted 808e? i was told to run 1.3five hole w/40 losi silver (frony)and 1.3 5hole w/27.5 losi and grey blue(rear).does this sound right to you? my track is hard packed with alot of dust and mostly big jumps and a small set of woops. i cant seem to get it right so that the car drives halfway decent. im always bottoming out on the jumps and bouncing all over the place. i do also have the new pistons and the new bladders. please help...
oh i am running a 4cell 5000mah thunder power lipo's, 1900kv tekin system. in case that matters on weight. THANKS JESSE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 04:33:13 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 04:40:19 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 05:00:53 

thanks jason, i will sure give it a try and let you know how it works!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 15:29:36 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 16:02:52 

anyone using the new 8 and 10 holes shock pistons with good results? thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 21:19:23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 23:31:24 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 00:26:32 

haha...arent we all dorks? :)
I hear what you're saying its just overwhelming sometimes and the combos are infinite especially with these new pistons that came out recently. Some times its like do I change the springs/pistons or the oil?!?!?! Its tough but I guess I need more experience to get it down.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 06:50:14 

What shocks are these? And whats the difference compared to Xrays?

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2010-Races/ ... JpDwR-A-LB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 14:38:38 
team driver

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next